Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still crave that GT-R?

Default Still crave that GT-R?

So what are they running thru the tranny?? Octopus ink?

Be fair, I am sure it is cheap when compare the price of the service charge on a Ferrari! Like they say, if you have to ask, you can not affort it! I guess, we all are TCB and that is why none of us have a GT-R!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Be fair, I am sure it is cheap when compare the price of the service charge on a Ferrari! Like they say, if you have to ask, you can not affort it! I guess, we all are TCB and that is why none of us have a GT-R!

Yes but it's a Nissan, not a Ferrari. I expect maintenance to be ridiculous for an exotic but not for a Nissan. I wonder how much maintenance is on a NSX or a Ford GT?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Still too expensive even with a happy ending!

If I were to buy the car, it would only be for the track right? However, they state the transmission oil needs to be changed after every track event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I choose the p996gt3 instead!!

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    they state the transmission oil needs to be changed after every track event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Really??

The service is still cheaper than the tranny.

My dad's friend's son bought a GTR and ran into tranny issues. The dealership is saying they don't want to replace it under warranty and say it will be a nearly $30,000 job with parts and labor.

Here is a video of him making a 10 second pass on all season tires
    Last edited by Nexus Flux; 04-01-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Yes but it's a Nissan, not a Ferrari. I expect maintenance to be ridiculous for an exotic but not for a Nissan. I wonder how much maintenance is on a NSX or a Ford GT?
    You dont want to know. They are even more expensive. And as for it just being a nissan. It's the price you pay for the performance.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    The service is still cheaper than the tranny.

My dad's friend's son bought a GTR and ran into tranny issues. The dealership is saying they don't want to replace it under warranty and say it will be a nearly $30,000 job with parts and labor.

Here is a video of him making a 10 second pass on all season tires
    No mfg would pay for anything if you drag race the car! To address the cost issue, you pay for the performance. That is why "we" don't own one, although we lust for one. Just like the "hot chicks" issue!
    Gabriel

It said that cost was for an "Automatic Specific Transmission"

Wonder if its different for the manual tranny....
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    No mfg would pay for anything if you drag race the car! ...
    I get that, but the fact is, it happened before he took it to the track.

I'm just trying to illustrate that a new tranny costs $30K.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Really??
    Let me clarify. One of our students had his GTR at TWS and the student said they "recommended the tranny fluid be changed after each track event."

a "tranny" is not a mechanical, driveline component.

That car is dumb. Seriously...stupid car. I don't see why anyone would buy it.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    You dont want to know. They are even more expensive. And as for it just being a nissan. It's the price you pay for the performance.
    I can't speak for the Ford, but an NSX can be serviced by a good independent Honda shop and it's not ridiculously expensive to maintain.

Screw Nissan and the GT-R. That's absurd. The price of performance? For the same money I'll take a Vette Z06 and enjoy the low price of Chevy upkeep. Oh, and I'll have a nice-looking car to boot!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    If I were to buy the car, it would only be for the track right? However, they state the transmission oil needs to be changed after every track event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I choose the p996gt3 instead!!
    Pshh, wait till you see how much brakes cost for that and the bill if the engine lets go. You'll be begging to own a car that uses $100 per quart tranny fluid.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I am sure a GT-R will be hard on brakes also and I bet they are not cheap. I have not heard of anyone losing the motor in the C6 Vett. but I don't spend any time in the Vett forum.

I have heard about people blowing the transmission in the GT-R and Nisan not replacing under warranty because they used the factory installed lanuch controll (press this button to void your warranty).

Driver

Still want a GTR, but not *this* GTR. Terrible wheel choice:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I am sure a GT-R will be hard on brakes also and I bet they are not cheap. I have not heard of anyone losing the motor in the C6 Vett. but I don't spend any time in the Vett forum.

I have heard about people blowing the transmission in the GT-R and Nisan not replacing under warranty because they used the factory installed lanuch controll (press this button to void your warranty).
    We were talking about the 996 GT3 not the C6 Vette.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast