Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any local shops carry roll bars??

Default Any local shops carry roll bars??

Are there any shops around Dallas that sell Hard Dog roll bars?? I am planning on getting one after the 1st, but I dont want to hassle with shipping the damn thing since I live in an apartment.

I can order online if I have to, but id rather pick one up locally.

Thanks guys...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I bought mine at Miata Technologies. However, the his cost of installing the damn thing would have easily eclipsed any amount I would have paid in shipping. The cost is the same where-ever you may buy it. The shipping cost is the rub.

Well it won't save you the hassle with your apt complex, but gomiata is doing free shipping on rollbars for a few more days... (until the 31st)

http://forum.miata.net/cgi-bin/ultim...;f=44;t=000085

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Well it won't save you the hassle with your apt complex, but gomiata is doing free shipping on rollbars for a few more days... (until the 31st)

http://forum.miata.net/cgi-bin/ultim...;f=44;t=000085
    That's probably your best deal -

Free shipping.

No state sales tax.

FM is doing free shipping as well on roll bars before the 1st
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I bought my bar three years ago from FM with free shipping. They run that special every Christmas.

Ordering it through one of those deals is the best option, imho. As 3Bean pointed out, that way you don't pay shipping or sales tax.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yes to trackdog, or FM, never used GoMiata.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

ya go miata messed my order up the first time, sent me the wrong one.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    ya go miata messed my order up the first time, sent me the wrong one.
    I don't mind so much if a place messes up my order so long as they rectify at their cost. I'd prefer they get it right but.....

Oh yea, I forgot about sales tax...

I guess I can deal with the online hassle, whatever saves some cash. Ill install in myself too.

Thanks guys!
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Now I gotta decide between a Sport & hardcore...

I would be sold on the hardcore, but ive heard it comes too far foward, I wouldnt mind that, but the only thing is I dont want to ruin the open feel I have now with the top down, ya know. Anybody have any input on this??

Oh yea, roll bars dont whistle or make wierd noises do they??

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Harness Tabs. What ever else you decide, get Harness Tabs.

I was talked out of Harness Tabs by the person I hired to order and install my bar. Big mistake. Even if you think you'll never have the opportunity to use a harness, get Harness Tabs. They weigh a couple of ounces, and you'll never notice them unless you need them.

It is better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have Harness Tabs.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Actually onething - Hard Dog now makes a bolt-in harness bar that works on the NBs, so harness tabs these days might be redundant. If I were ordering a bar today, I'd probably order one without tabs, but order the additional harness bar. Better solution to the problem, imho, even though Hard Dog's harness bar ain't nearly as good as the one Billy and I came up with for his car (although that one required ordering an unfinished bar and having some extra tubing welded on ).

Jiggerachi, as for which model to choose, I would suggest coming out to the Tech Day this weekend (assuming we're still having one) and sitting in a couple of different cars with different bars. I've got the Hard Core in mine, and if you're looking for maximum head clearance for on-track safety, you won't find a taller bar that still fits under both the hard and soft tops. That said, using the Hard Core bar with a hard top requires a little fabrication and some patience, as there is not much clearance between the bar and the inside of the top.

The Sport does sit back a little further, and it works with the factory hard top with no problems or additional parts requirements. On the other hand, if your helmeted head is above the top of the bar, then the bar isn't going to be as effective in the event of a rollover as it would be if you were completely underneath it... although for a lot of people (like me) getting completely under the even the Hard Core requires replacing the stock seat with a racing one.

Personally, I don't think either bar impedes on the "convertible" feeling of a Miata. I've had my bar for three years now, and i think it took me all of a day or two before I stopped noticing it completely.

Lastly, at risk of sounding too , you might try a search, as I think we've discussed the benefits and drawbacks of various bars on this board before.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

My roll bar on the 92 and my stylebar on the 03 are nice & quiet at speed... (103 on the 03, and 105 on the 92)
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

ive seen 120 with mine and no noise from it... lots of noise off the top latches though...
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

I have the sport and it doesnt impede the convertible feel at all. I decided on it because I am relatively tall. I have to set my seat all the way back to fit and the HC was right at my head, since I drive on the street 99% of the time, not hitting my head was more important than a little bit of height. The sport gives me more room to lay the seat back and get under it with a helmet on. Also as far as hitting your head, I bought the fitted padding and vinyl cover and I like it alot!

^hmmm...how tall are you? Im 6'2" & I have to sit all the way back, the seat comes up almost to the middle of my head, I think. Are the roll bars that low??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast