Thread: Navy Seals 4 Somali Pirates 0 (Final)

Blog Entries

Default Navy Seals 4 Somali Pirates 0 (Final)

Top of the 9th the Pirates have the go ahead run on base but the Navy brings in the heavy guns and they leave a man stranded.
    Bottom of the 9th the Navy loads the bases and brings in the Designated Hitter. Grandslam.

Seals 4, Pirates 0

Go Navy!
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Well said, grasshopper.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Very nice. If those idiots had just given up when they were outgunned to begin with they would be spending several years in a nice cozy prison. Now they are just worm food. The only smart one was the guy who went on board to get medical attention and gave himself up.

Those assholes got what was comin' to 'em... and now they're at it again! WTF??? Shoot first, ask... no wait. Shoot first, kick the bodies to the sharks.

Can somebody 'splain to me why merchant ships aren't friggin' armed to the teeth to begin with???
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

It's illegal in many ports for armed merchant ships. Still wouldn't stop many of them from carrying a side arm I would think.

At the very least, you'd think someone could plink those bastards on their approach.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Maybe time (again) for sea going convoys? One US destroyer>all the pirates in the world.

Chris

91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I'm pretty sure they approach in small runabouts that sit below radar. So unless you have at least four sentries with the latest night vision technology you aren't going to see them coming at night, especially in poor visibilty weather.

Convoys would be good but require major scheduling headaches and would cost ships hundreds of thousands in extra anchor days off port waiting for dock time.

I'm think UAV's are the answer but not at the sole expense of the U.S.

Maybe a little razor wire might help matters...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Blog Entries

At least one ship has repelled boarders by simply stringing concertina wire around the railing another has used Molotov cocktails. The best method seems to be to resist. Thieves look for easy targets.

International law does not allow merchant vessels to go armed, it is too easy to supply arms to terrorists by claiming to carry weapons for self defense. Many of these ships are 700' plus in length and carry accommodations for less than 20. Still...it would seem to me that one squad automatic weapon kept under lock and key would repel these fishing boats turned pirate. It's really hard to plug 800 leaks per minute. The Navy can only be a deterrent.

There are over 1,000,000 square miles of ocean covered by these pirates, 50 ships a day transit the Suez canal and less than a dozen naval vessels of all nations in the area. Convoys may be what it takes but the ships are all bound to different destinations. Once they clear the canal they scatter.

I think it's going to be a long season.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Flame throwers that work off of a system on the ship. Off the ship they are useless. Line the rails with the same flame system. Create a ring of fire. Fire, FIRE, FIRE!!!!!! An injured man requires care and consumes resources. A dead man does not.

I say that we instead provide additional dollars and aid to Somalia in order to generate jobs and growth so they do not need to turn to pirating.

Bah... have the NSA use one of their satellites to watch the traffic there. Keep a carrier and a cruiser close by and dispatch some F15s to sink a few pirate ships.

Our fly boys would love to play in a real arcade.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Bah... have the NSA use one of their satellites to watch the traffic there. Keep a carrier and a cruiser close by and dispatch some F15s to sink a few pirate ships.

Our fly boys would love to play in a real arcade.

Umm... the Navy doesn't fly F-15s.

Now some F-18 Super Hornet action would be fun.

You could spread pigs blood on the rails and ladder.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    You could spread pigs blood on the rails and ladder.
    FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Flame throwers that work off of a system on the ship. Off the ship they are useless. Line the rails with the same flame system. Create a ring of fire. Fire, FIRE, FIRE!!!!!! An injured man requires care and consumes resources. A dead man does not.
    I can see this equiped on the Exxon Valdez! Let them all burnt to hell! If we did not have the Black Hawk Down several years back, the Marine would have occupied the country already!
    Gabriel