Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look what came in the mail!

Default Look what came in the mail!

I've been out of town the past couple of weeks, but it appears the postal service doesn't pander to my schedule. Here are a couple of the goodies that have shown up...

Also hanging around are an Adaptronic EMU and a 190HP fuel pump...among other things.
    This is gonna be slow, so don't worry about checking back for updates anytime real soon.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Those for the '99 or the '90?

These puppies are for the '90. H-beam rods and .040-over Supertech pistons.
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

I just made a mess on my keyboard...

...but I'm gonna read your post while I clean up.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Terrible rick, just terrible. Good shit Steve.

Also, Steve if you have fuel pump with 190 horses why don't you just hook the electric motor from that up to your car?
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 04-17-2009 at 12:05 AM.
    John O.
    94R

I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

what compression ratio? Who's doing the work? Why adaptronic?
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Low comp. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was pretty low comp.
    John O.
    94R

here is a pic of my 8.6:1 piston:

where's the "dish" in yours?

You carry pistons around to your hotel rooms? Wow!!!! You are addicted.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Meh... Trey spends most of his life in hotel rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Welcome to my life / job. I had 331 nights in Marriott hotels in 2008. I have stuff like that shipped directly to the hotel so if its wrong I have a chance to get it exchanged. Businesses don't like it when you call them 6-months after purchase to tell them that something didn't fit.

here's 1.6 8.6:1 pistons:

you sir, do not have low-comp pistons.

Hmmm...this is most interesting. They seem to have sent N1, -1cc "dish" (they sure look flat to me), rather than N10, -11cc dish. Would these be the elusive (as in non-existent) 9.4:1 1.6 pistons? If I wanted almost stock compression, I'd go to the Mazda parts counter.

We'll get it figured out once someone over at Belfab decides to answer the phone...

Hope you don't mind if I steal that photo of your hotel room. I like the note pads...and the piston dish will be good for reference.
    Last edited by juxt3r; 04-21-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: beer

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    Hmmm...this is most interesting. They seem to have sent N1, -1cc "dish" (they sure look flat to me), rather than N10, -11cc dish. Would these be the elusive (as in non-existent) 9.4:1 1.6 pistons? If I wanted almost stock compression, I'd go to the Mazda parts counter.

We'll get it figured out once someone over at Belfab decides to answer the phone...

Hope you don't mind if I steal that photo of your hotel room. I like the note pads...and the piston dish will be good for reference.
    sure. The first photo from the hotel is a .5mm+ 1.8 piston, the second is from an 8.6:1, 1.6 slug. Don't let anyone talk you out of the low comp.

Are you going to run a gt2560 or 2554?
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 04-21-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Who's doing the work? Why adaptronic?
    I'll have my usual shop in Arlington take care of the head. I'm planning to have John Day & friends take care of the bottom end.
    Went with the Adaptronic because it's feature-laden, at a very reasonable price point (just a touch more than the MSPnP due to a group buy discount), and is capable of all I need now...and all I'll need later, even if I end up using a 1.8 with VVT.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    Are you going to run a gt2560 or 2554?
    At the moment, I'm looking at a GT28RS with the smaller .64 turbine. With a tubular manifold and 3" exhaust, it should scoot pretty nicely and have very reasonable street manners.

ETA on project completion? Let me know if you need any help/motivation to stay the course...

BTW, how are you going to get the whole car into your living room when it's time to swap motors?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

That sucks about the wrong part being shipped to you. If it makes you feel any better there has been a whole lot of that going around. I got 2 different wrong parts for my inner tie rod, wrong hub, you with your pistons, Rick with his LEDs, and my mom got the wrong curtains and dog kennel in the other day. What is this world coming to?

Oh by the way the first time Steve is ever going to be on a track other than a drag strip is gonna be in this built turbo miata, you know just in case anyone wants to tell him that he's gonna kill himself.
    John O.
    94R

Just spoke to James @ Belfab (who has an interesting accent for the Vegas area, I might add). 8.5:1 pistons are on order and should deliver in 6 weeks. The things I got are 9.3:1.
    Good thing I'm not in a hurry, huh? Jeez...

...and as mr.brg kinda anticipated, James did make some effort to have me keep the stock compression pistons.

e.t.a. on completion?? LMAO!! No idea. At least now I know how long it'll take before I can assemble the bottom end.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    my mom got the wrong curtains for the dog kennel...
    Your mom got curtains for the dog kennel?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast