Thread: MP62 going in this weekend

Default MP62 going in this weekend

If the weather cooperates Saturday I'm putting in my MP62 I bought from Gary at TDR back in early March.
    Doing it myself on the driveway. Lost my shop and garage when the third baby came and we needed another bedroom and the space.
    If it goes well and I don't end up with a new lawn sculpture I'll be very happy I decided to stop throwing my money in the bottomless hole my 401k disappeared into and instead invest it at TDR.
    Hope to have it ready for TDR @ MSR2009.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

Put the intercooler in first... it is a longest part of the job, and you can still drive the car with the intercooler in (but not hooked up) in case you end up doing it over multiple weekends. If you start with anything else, you will be not be on the road again until everything is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Put the intercooler in first... it is a longest part of the job, and you can still drive the car with the intercooler in (but not hooked up) in case you end up doing it over multiple weekends. If you start with anything else, you will be not be on the road again until everything is done.
    What intercooler? He didn't say nothing 'bout no intercooler......

I did not get the intercooler. Plans for the intercooler had to wait. Squirreling away for a black Hard Dog Deuce roll bar next.

Talking

Sorry... Just assumed Gary used is superior sales skills to load you up with the full package before you got out the door.

Closed the hood at 11:35 last night and turned the key. Miata started right up. Belts squealed at first but stopped after a min when they got seated. I went ahead and replaced both belts while I was at it. Got a little woried when I smelled and saw smoke from under the hood. Then I remembered the liberal dose of penetrating oil I used on the header studs. Bumped the gas pedal and the Miata died from idle dropoff. Just need to back out the IAF screw a little I am betting but, it is now located under and behind a bunch of stuff I don't want to take out again. Programing the fuel and timing cards was a snap thanks to a ready made harness Gary @TDR made for me. Made the hour and half drive home that night and stomped the pedal and rowed the shift box. WhooooHooo thank God I like to wear depends!!
    Maybe it is just me but the Miata seems go faster up hill with the CC on than down now.