Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HHR May 8th (Friday)

Driver

Default HHR May 8th (Friday)

I'm putting together a track day on May 8th at HHR. It was originally for Evo's only but Iain was right (I know it pains me to say it) and the time has come for me to open it to anyone that wants to come :)

We'll have the track all afternoon. If we get 15 drivers it's $150 each, 20 drivers lowers the cost to $115 each.

There will be instruction available.

If you want to hang out with us over the weekend we'll be doing a Hill Country cruise on Saturday with a BBQ at a Rally shop in Austin on Saturday and then caravaning back to DFW on Sunday.

HHR does have noise restrictions, but I don't think any of our cars are loud enough to meet them unless you take your exhausts off.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    ...but Iain was right...

HHR does have noise restrictions, but I don't think any of our cars are loud enough to meet them unless you take your exhausts off.
    I wouldn't worry about this. My car was over 100 db @ 20' on the dyno, and it passed noise restrictions at HHR

I will be down there for this event, and I encourage the rest of you to join us! HHR is an awesome track, with lots of elevation changes and blind corners. It's a real treat to to drive, and HHR has one of the best clubhouses as well! Relax between sessions on the back porch (where you can see 90% of the track), or cool down inside playing Gran Turismo on the 60" HDTV. Hope to see you there!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

I was thinking about going up until you said Iain was right....

Sounds like fun but it's mother's day weekend so we probably have plans. This have anything to do with the Miata only half day event on the 9th I saw on pointy board? They were charging 200 bucks for 4 hrs which is too rich for me.

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Sounds like fun but it's mother's day weekend so we probably have plans. This have anything to do with the Miata only half day event on the 9th I saw on pointy board? They were charging 200 bucks for 4 hrs which is too rich for me.
    Nope nothing to do with it.

Mother's Day is Sunday and it's a Hallmark holiday anyway (and yes my wife kicks me every time I say that).

Hmm, this is cheaper than the miata-only day.

How many cars are you capping it at and how many run groups?
    Any crazy PCA top down rules? Any tech rules (already spent $50 getting the car teched two weeks ago)?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Hallmark holiday hehe.

How many ya got signed up so far?

Driver

We're around 15 drivers now, but not everyone has paid (annoying).

I'm capping it at 20 drivers + instructors. Right now we're likely going to do three run groups: slow, fast, instructors. A couple of the guys have expressed interest in running with the instructors if needed and checked out in order to free up run group space. Checkin at 1, drivers meeting at 1:30, track hot at 2pm. Track is closed at 6pm. So you should be able to get 4 20 minute sessions in 4 hours.

We don't have any top rules, but I don't know about HHR (Altiain?) nor crazy inspection rules. We're running with HHR's insurance.

We don't have any top rules, but I don't know about HHR (Altiain?) nor crazy inspection rules. We're running with HHR's insurance.
    Dunno. Sean, you might want to contact Bo at HHR and clarify any rollover protection requirements for convertibles.

Chris, if you were good for the S2kCA event, you should be fine for this one. I don't think HHR has any specific tech requirements for their insurance (Sean - something else to verify), but I and the other instructors will be looking over cars in the paddock for any obvious safety issues.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I think HHR requires roll bars/protection on convertibles, not sure if top up matters (it shouldn't IMHO).

Chris

91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

On their site I read they require SA rated helmets.

Driver

There are a couple spots still open. If anyone has experience at HHR and wanted to instruct, PM me for details :)

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    I think HHR requires roll bars/protection on convertibles, not sure if top up matters (it shouldn't IMHO).

Chris

NA/NB need bars, NC is ok with factory rollover protection, no top/up down restrictions on any of them.

Looking forward to seeing some of you out there.

James

Hey Geezer you gonna make it to the TDR Miata event at MSR on May 22nd?
    I'd love to see your car in person.

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    NA/NB need bars, NC is ok with factory rollover protection, no top/up down restrictions on any of them.

Looking forward to seeing some of you out there.

James
    Hey Jamie!

I'll attest to the fact that James' car works very well - I got to see the back of it (pulling away from me) a couple of times at HHR.
    Iain

Driver

Just a heads up, the event is full unless we get some dropouts.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Hey Geezer you gonna make it to the TDR Miata event at MSR on May 22nd?
    I'd love to see your car in person.
    Sadly no - parents are in town from teh East Coast for Memorial Day vacation and I suspect my mom would not dig hanging out at the track for "her" holiday :)

I am probably going to be at the HHR Miata day the day after the evo event though.

J
    Last edited by geezer; 05-05-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks for the spot Sean. Looks like I'll be the only ragtop, good times.

If y'all need some good lunch recommendations let me know. What time are y'all driving down?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Thanks for the spot Sean. Looks like I'll be the only ragtop...

Chris
    Heck no - I'll be there

Driver

There are actually three Miata's now :)

Including instructors, here's the breakdown (more or less):
    EvoX (5)
    EvoIX (3)
    EvoVIII (3)
    STi (3)
    Miata (3)
    MS3 (2)
    RX8 (2)