Thread: Bumpy Ride

Default Bumpy Ride

Sorry, I am new to this blog, and rather new to the world of miatas (at least owning my own. I grew up riding in my dad's)...

General question for all of the mechanics out there (which I am not)... A few months ago I took my car in to get new brakes, and ever since my miata vibrates when I get going a decent speed (60-70 mph)... Any ideas of what possibly is wrong, and any suggestions on where to get it fixed?

Thanks,

Mark M
    Bedford

'92 Sunburst Yellow Miata

If it didn't vibrate before, I'd guess that one or both of the rear tires somehow got swapped with the fronts and aren't properly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzjune18 View Post
    Sorry, I am new to this blog, and rather new to the world of miatas (at least owning my own. I grew up riding in my dad's)...

General question for all of the mechanics out there (which I am not)... A few months ago I took my car in to get new brakes, and ever since my miata vibrates when I get going a decent speed (60-70 mph)... Any ideas of what possibly is wrong, and any suggestions on where to get it fixed?

Thanks,

Mark M
    Bedford

'92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
    Did they tighten the lug nuts? I'd check ASAP or it might go from vibration to throwing lug nuts followed by your wheel passing you on the highway.

OTOH, they may have rotated your tires as well. If there were rough spots on them due to poor alignment or under-inflation, these get exagerated or noticed upon rotation.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

The 65MPH Shimmy s a common Miata issue.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)