Thread: Looking at a Corbeau FX1 Pro

Default Looking at a Corbeau FX1 Pro

I've been browsing race seats online and I like the looks of the Corbeau FX1 Pro. Also, it looks like one will drop right in if I get the Corbeau sliders for the Miata. Dallas Mustang and Keith Craft in Plano are both dealers, but neither place has one in stock. I've read good reviews on M.net and I think this one would fit me and fit in the car just fine. Anyone have any experience, or maybe even one that I could sit in before I pull the trigger?

And, yes, I'll post Bride seats for sale here very soon. I'm going to use the driver's seat on Friday at MSR, but I'm looking to make a swap soon...

Here's a pic of the Corbeau:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trickyrix; 05-20-2009 at 09:50 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Talking

We need a moderator to this post I think trickyrix has a seat issue and maybe it is time for an intervention......

No need to be so harsh... couldn't I at least be known as the ken o of seats?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    No need to be so harsh... couldn't I at least be known as the ken o of seats?
    So how much do you want for the 95M seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    So how much do you want for the 95M seats?
    No no no... you've got it all wrong... you meant to say: "How much for the Bride seats?"
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    No no no... you've got it all wrong... you meant to say: "How much for the Bride seats?"

You might want to take a look at the book that changed ken o's life...

Not for me... I'm more of a Penthouse Letters kinda guy.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

I don't have experience with this particular seat, but with Corbeau seats in general. The ones I had (in the wagon) were installed with the direct-fit sliders from Corbeau. They basically fit, but a couple of the holes needed to be opened up a bit, plus some gentle massaging with a 3lb sledge was still needed to get the passenger slider onto the stock studs in that car.

Not sure if there are such fitment issues as this with the Miata rails, but you might see what, if anything, you can dig up on the subject.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Aaaaah, I forgot the wagon had Corbeaus. For some reason I thought Curtis had ordered them for his MG. Thanks for the good info.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days