Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Time Trials events in June July and August

Default Texas Time Trials events in June July and August

Texas Time Trials has a few events in the upcoming months:
    June 21st
    July 25th
    August 30th

These are time trials, think of it like a timed road course event except on a massive parking lot. The course is faster and more open than a typical autocross. I can pretty much guarantee these time trials are the most fun events you will ever go to! We have a very low entry cap which means you get a ton of seat time with no corner working!

Here are the basics:
    -If you've been to one of our events you're a member and the entry fee is $40
    -If you haven't been to on of our events the entry fee is $45 if you sign up early and $50 if you sign up late
    -Your entry fee includes free lunch! And if you sign up early a free T-shirt!
    -Our current entry cap is 16 people which will fill up. This means you need to sign up early if you want to get in!
    -Novices are welcome! But at least some previous autocross or track experience is required.

For more info, pics/videos of previous events, or to register head over to my site at:
    www.texastimetrials.com

I'm in see ya'll out there
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Bump for this weekend. If anyone is looking for something to do it looks like due to fathers day this event is going to have low turnout. So I could use a few more entrants!

I'm gonna make it to one of these someday
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

never mind you guys run at Mineral Wells, i like my tires unshredded =/

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    never mind you guys run at Mineral Wells, i like my tires unshredded =/

I'll see you guys there.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

The morning session is full!

If anyone is interested in coming to watch please let me know! We could use a few paid volunteers to write down times.

I am registered, but I did not get to make a payment. Did I miss a screen or something? Should I just bring the 45 to the event site?

Just saw the morning group was full, so if I can run early in the afternoon group that would be preferred. I would like to get home in time to have dinner with the pops for father's day.

762- If you want to show up around 10am you can run till 3 or 4pm. Does that work for you?

To pay:
    -log back into club registration and you should see:
    "Payment Status Unconfirmed / Still need to make payment? View Payment Screen"

-Click on "View Payment Screen"

-Then "Pay via PayPal"

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post

I'll see you guys there.
    i was meaning to leave the my original post asking where they run this at. i can't afford Mineral Wells

Great time today. I'm loading pics off my camera now I should have them posted up later today.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

http://img15.imageshack.us/gal.php?g...2750553032.jpg

That gallery contains all the pics I took here are some highlights. I had no idea there was fuzz on the lens until after I uploaded the pics to m computer. This camera is about to take a dump on me anyway so I've got my sights set on a Cannon Rebel or Nikon D60 or something similar.

Last edited by jeepinbanditrider; 06-21-2009 at 04:22 PM.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Simply an amazing event. Probably the most fun event I have done yet. All the benefits of autocross, none of the drawbacks. Tire wear was minimal as you are not constantly on the limit cornering.

It was finally an event where I could drive the GTI where it would not just constantly punish for being front wheel drive, and I was very pleased with the result.

I still have plenty to work on myself, but I felt I had a decent effort.

My fastest lap, lap 1 of the video, was a 36.44. As far as I am aware it was the fastest FWD lap, and it was quicker then the Subaru's on street tires. I can not remember if it was quicker then the STI on r comps though. Also yes every one got the flying start onto the track so it was not just me getting a head start.

What kind of transmission is in that thing. The shifts were extremely quick.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    Simply an amazing event. Probably the most fun event I have done yet. All the benefits of autocross, none of the drawbacks. Tire wear was minimal as you are not constantly on the limit cornering.
    Nice video! What is your setup?

I really wish I could have made it out to this, but I had a good opportunity out at Eagles Canyon. I really want to make one of these events this summer.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    What kind of transmission is in that thing. The shifts were extremely quick.
    likely the DSG/DCT/SST/whatever they're calling the dual clutch thingamabobs today.

Are they flappy paddle gear boxes or something I never saw his hand move.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Yes lol the car has a DSG (VAG speak for direct shift gear box aka twin clutch automated manual. yes it is paddles behind the wheel.

Car setup is EVOMS intake, APR Stage 1 software (252hp 300 ftlbs), straight through catback exhaust, bilstein sport struts, eibach sportline springs, apr rear sway bar, enkei rs7 wheels w/re01rs

Camera set up is cruise cam in car headrest mount with a flip mino hd camera.

Pics, vids, and results from event #6 are up:
    www.texastimetrials.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast