Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So how did yall fair?

Default So how did yall fair?

Our area had fences blown down, limbs blown out of trees and shingles all over the place. From what I could see, it does not look like our house or cars were damaged at all. The center of the bow echo blew right over our house.

Raymond how about you?

Heard this morning there was a roof torn off on an apartment complex in Lewisville.

It is still storming here, so I haven't gotten out to done a complete inspection. From the windows, I see one small tree limb on the ground... fences are fine.

LOTS of wind damage around here. I think we have a loose panel on the fence and we lost at least one shingle. Additionally the power was out for about five hours last night.

I'm waiting for this latest round of storms to pass right now to go check everything. We've been getting nailed HARD all night long it seems. This morning's lightning has been horribly intense.

Last night the wind was just amazingly violent. David and I were working outside and went in just before the gust front came and looked at the radar. There were THREE rotations they were tracking that were headed straight for us.

We went back and stood outside as the gust front came in and the wind was doing things to the trees I've never seen. Limbs that were straight up would bend to the right about 100 degrees then whip to the left about 90 degrees. Then it was like a big pair of hands just parted the branches down the middle as the downbursts hit.

Those crazy winds ripped apart hundreds if not thousands of trees over here. We drove around last night just as the sun set. The sky was a beautiful golden color. There were trees down in the roads, fences down, metal sheds blown to pieces, shingles ripped off roofs, and power was out to a lot of stores and homes.

If the police weren't out on emergency calls they were out directing traffic at major intersections. Police, fire, and ambulance sirens were going off almost constantly until about 11:30pm.

I don't want to repeat this night ever again.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

You know how they say you never find what you need until you stop looking for it? I got tired of waiting for the power to come on and started digging in the junk drawer for AAA batteries for my dying LED flashlight. Just as I found the empty package the power came back on.

We checked the appliances and computers. So far everything looks OK. I had unplugged the TV stuff and major appliances then shut down the UPS on the computer and didn't plug it all back in until the power was on for about 5 minutes. I just wanted to make sure the power was stable enough before plugging it all back in.

I still have to trip the breaker back on to the shop and go check the computer and test equipment out there.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It was nasty over here, but I don't think we have any damage. Before the first wave of storms rolled thru, I've never seen clouds moving so fast. Then it seems we had another storm come thru every hour on the hour until early this morning. We lost power a few times, but not for long. Glad everyone survived.

PS
    Almost 4" of rain in the gauge this morning.

Driver

I think we came through ok (knock on wood). I had to retrieve the garbage can from a couple houses down and I see a shingle in the yard, but I couldn't see last night whether it came from our house or somewhere else. The neighbor lost his tree.

Curiously, all of my sons toys in the back yard never moved.

I was on the way to get tuned (driving down 121) and I saw the huge wall. A quick call and I was turned around so I could put the car securely in the garage.

We didn't get any damage last night, even though bow echo passed right over Murphy. On my drive in this morning, I saw several trees and large branches down along Brand Road.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Got a really nice viewing of a wall cloud/lowering that moved west to east along the south side of McKinney, but no damage at the house. All-in-all, a pretty exciting night...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

OK,

We lost 1 strip of shingles off the roof. The spot it was lost from has bowed down a bit and wasn't bowed before the storm. Sigh.

The fence has 2 spots where the panels pulled away from the poles at the top and we ended up with one broken post.

The trees and bushes are all OK. Whew. Better than I thought.

I didnt know we were even supposed to get any bad weather....then.
    The wind hit, like what you guys said it was some scary wind in my area...I am down in a valley so I think the brunt missed us but it was pretty wild to say the least.
    I have never seen raindrops suspended in the air....not blowing sideways...seen that. just hanging in the air lifting up and down like a feather...it was weird.
    But we made it ok, still storming so I too havent surveyed the damage yet.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    We lost 1 strip of shingles off the roof. The spot it was lost from has bowed down a bit and wasn't bowed before the storm. Sigh.

Probably a rouge branch from a neighbors tree.

Driver

Well... work still doesn't have power (Galleria tower), so I'm off until 1

oh wait, I get paid by the hour

No power at the POS Compound still (has been about 5 hours) but from a quick look before I headed to work looks like the house was OK.

There were a bunch of trees down in the hood but none of them are mine.

This is at Baylor Hospital in Dallas, where my works. Everything in the pic is either street or parking lot. The row of cars in the center that are half under water are parked at parking meters. One doctor was kayaking around this area during a previous storm.

Attached Images Attached Images

Man it is still raining like crazy here in Euless!!

When will it ever end! Think of the children!

I've got a call in to my insurance agent, hope it's not too late to buy flood insurance.
    Last edited by cam76034; 06-11-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    This is at Baylor Hospital in Dallas, where my works. Everything in the pic is either street or parking lot. The row of cars in the center that are half under water are parked at parking meters. One doctor was kayaking around this area during a previous storm.
    Impervious cover FTL.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    I've got a call in to my insurance agent, hope it's it too late to buy flood insurance.
    FTW....

90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

Police just gave me permision to rescue my new car... Here are a few shots of the flooding...

Beer Run....
    Last edited by POS Racing; 06-11-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast