Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cinco De Mayo Dyno Day VI - 5/7/05

How many cars can they run through there in a day? When I was up there, it seemed that it took about 10 minutes just to get the car up there, strapped down, and ready to go.

Bump to freshen up....

Any idea how many have actually pre-paid?

I will check back as this gets closer, I am curious about what my car is putting out....however I would have to pay at the door kinda thingy.

Thats a long way to go and find out that there is no room for me when I get there....I will most likely just call the day of.
    99 Miata Black

If you prepay, there will be room. I am going to call ATS tomorrow and figure a maximum number of slots and we will go from there. So if someone pays, they will get to pull.

Chris

I will have to hand deliver the cash i guess, I still plan on doing it to get a baseline of what my car can do...I am very curious
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I will have to hand deliver the cash I guess, I still plan on doing it to get a baseline of what my car can do...I am very curious
    Yea me too, Pay Pal doesn't want to do any business with me since I won't give them my bank account number Some stupid rule that once you've bought over $2000 they want my Bank Account, I told the when pigs fly

How come they can't take a Credit Card
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I will have to hand deliver the cash I guess, I still plan on doing it to get a baseline of what my car can do...I am very curious
    Yea me too, Pay Pal doesn't want to do any business with me since I won't give them my bank account number Some stupid rule that once you've bought over $2000 they want my Bank Account, I told the when pigs fly

How come they can't take a Credit Card
    With CC, they have to deal with you telling the CC company not to pay them when a deal goes south. This cost them time and money to deal with the situation. With a Checking Account, you carry the risk.

So simply get a free checking account and keep a whopping $5 in it.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

With CC, they have to deal with you telling the CC company not to pay them when a deal goes south. This cost them time and money to deal with the situation. With a Checking Account, you carry the risk.
    I disagree. While I've had to dispute a charge on a CC before, it is not easy to do, especially if the vendor has good records and follows their proceedures. Not to meantion I've done a hair over $2000 with PayPal and they had no problems, They've been paid on those transactions so they sould open my credit back to another $2000.
    So simply get a free checking account and keep a whopping $5 in it.
    Between my two companies and my personal accounts, I've got so many CC's and Bank Accounts, the last thing I need is another to keep up with just to keep PayPal happy . Pay Pal can stick it in their ear. Besides I've heard of people getting screwed with PayPal as well, thus I don't think it's any safer than a normal CC.

Back on track, why doesn't ATS take a CC for a dyno day? I'm sure they take CC's on repairs and mods they do for people.

Bottom line, (this may get me kicked out of TCB) I'd rather pay the $10.00 than give anyone access to my bank account.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Bottom line, (this may get me kicked out of TCB) I'd rather pay the $10.00 than give anyone access to my bank account.
    I'm with you... there's just something not right about how they want access to a checking account when they really and truly don't need it...

--
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I'm with you... there's just something not right about how they want access to a checking account when they really and truly don't need it...
    Thank you

Im with you on that too Turbo, there is no reason for it.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    If you prepay, there will be room. I am going to call ATS tomorrow and figure a maximum number of slots and we will go from there. So if someone pays, they will get to pull.

Chris
    Any new information?

Any word on this???? I know Kags has been busy, so is this still a go? Any outta town interest?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Any word on this???? I know Kags has been busy, so is this still a go? Any outta town interest?
    Yea what he said!

I'm borrowing Christin's account. the maximum number of cars we can run in one day is about 30. Our record is currently at 32.

Aaron
    99 Miata FM turbo kit 202rwhp
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp
    04 Jeep Grand Cherokee 180 rwhp

http://www.atsracing.net

1200hp Dynojet 248c

As far as the paypal versus CC ordeal. Paypal makes it very convenient for us, it keeps track of who send money and when. We do accept credit cards, but not as a pre-payment for dyno days. It's too difficult for me to keep track of. It's only a $10 difference though. If it is that big of a deal, have your buddy paypal the money on his account and put your information in the comments section.

Thanks,

Aaron
    99 Miata FM turbo kit 202rwhp
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp
    04 Jeep Grand Cherokee 180 rwhp

http://www.atsracing.net

1200hp Dynojet 248c

I paypal'd you my money. If I have no Miata's I may be forced to bring the 302 RX7 out....

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    I paypal'd you my money. If I have no Miata's I may be forced to bring the 302 RX7 out....

Chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast