Thread: District 9

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Default District 9

petter jackson has a movie coming out basted off this. http://d-9.com/

his movie trailer

Should be a good movie, talk about your "illegal alien" problem! I'll probably have promotional screening passes available since its one of our movies; if I do, I'll post up where and when, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by autocrosspicturesnet View Post
    Should be a good movie, talk about your "illegal alien" problem! I'll probably have promotional screening passes available since its one of our movies; if I do, I'll post up where and when, etc.
    WHAT WHAT WHAT.... dibs on everything you ever get for the rest of forever

I hope it won't suck.
    <--tries not to watch trailers since they often show too much, especially the climatic scene at the end.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

^same here...

At first I thought it was going to be awesome but I started getting worried with all the cheesy fake alien warning signs they're plastering all over the theater lobbies, and bathrooms. But watching that short film and realizing it's the original director with Peter Jackson producing I think it's going to be pretty good. Peter Jackson makes good movies, but in my oppinion tends to over do them (King Kong). With an independant director(I think) and Peter Jackson's money it should be badass...let's just hope this one's not 3.5 hours long.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

the short film is what got me, it was done before peter started on the film.

111 minute runtime, so not too long, not too short.

I'm in for passes! Two please!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

yeah, i'd love to go with sara to the screening.... maybe we could make it a dfwmiata meet and screen? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

After seeing the previews, I'm convinced that this will be at LEAST as political as The Day the Earth Stood Still.

I'm betting it will be something along the lines of the evil United States killing harmless aliens with tree huggers trying to save them.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

it's not the US in this one, it's the hole world being anti alien and wanting there tech