Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can i look up fines (tickets)

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Default Where can i look up fines (tickets)

i got a ticket for driving through white rock lake after midnight. anyone know what the fine is or where i can look it up before i go down to the court house and fined out i have to pay a fuck load of money for some bs law.

and if i'm using the wrong fine

Blog Entries

Call the number of the court on the ticket and ask. Be sure to ask about court costs.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    Call the number of the court on the ticket and ask. Be sure to ask about court costs.
    it's dallas, you call and no one picks up

ya i found that a min ago, i very unhappy. ~$200 for driving on a public road that goes through a park so ether you stop and turn around in the middle of the street or drive a block through the tip of white rock park and get a ticket...

I thought DPD had the fines listed on the ticket itself... then again, I've never been stopped by DPD so I've never seen their tickets. None of the agencies that filed in the court I was in ever put the amounts on the citation, if they had, people would've fainted when they saw how much they were...

The good news is that it's Dallas, so it's in the Municipal Court, and therefore (relatively) cheap(ish). Watch out for the County Constables and DPS. Theirs mostly run about $300 for each offense unless the Judge reduces it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    ya i found that a min ago, i very unhappy. ~$200 for driving on a public road that goes through a park so ether you stop and turn around in the middle of the street or drive a block through the tip of white rock park and get a ticket...
    What offense does the ticket say you committed? You can't be ticketed just for driving on a public roadway... Lawther is a public street, and it's barricaded in the places where they don't want vehicles, so it's impossible to drive through there where they don't want you to go. If it's BS, I'd challenge it.
    Last edited by Maverick; 07-09-2009 at 10:06 PM.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

it's a through street with a sign that said closed midnight to 6am. talked to my lawyer, basted on the sign it's a money trap and the cop was there waiting.

Yeah, I'd forgotten that E. Lawther is closed, but not barricaded. West Lawther stays open, though it's on the other side of the lake. If you have the attorney take care of it s/he can probably get it reduced for you. $97 fine is pretty good (I'm assuming it's Disregard Traffic Control Device - Sign), the max (class c misdemeanor) is $200 + court costs.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Thats kinda shitty. If the street isn't blocked, i would have probably assumed it was fair game too. Why is it "closed" via a sign?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i work in litigation, my mom is a paralegal and i have lawyer friends. buuuutttt they all balled on me and tomorrow is the 21st day after the night so i have to go take care of it, i.e. pay the fucking pos.

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    Thats kinda shitty. If the street isn't blocked, i would have probably assumed it was fair game too. Why is it "closed" via a sign?
    Because DPD realized they could make more money by posting a sign that most people won't look for in the dark. The park itself is also closed during those times, presumably to reduce break-ins at the sailing club and general crime in the park. Why they don't I dunno, increase patrols instead of closing the street, I'll never know, but hey, this is Dallas we're talking about.

i work in litigation, my mom is a paralegal and i have lawyer friends. buuuutttt they all balled on me and tomorrow is the 21st day after the night so i have to go take care of it, i.e. pay the fucking pos.
    Good luck. There's always a line at the Municipal Court. Take a book to read while you wait. Or, if you don't want deferred or defensive driving, you can Pay Online Here.
    Last edited by Maverick; 07-09-2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: I ar a gud speelur.

surprised they havent ticketed my roomate then.... his running club goes running early... sometimes as early as 5:30..... would think a pack of law breaking runners would be just the kind of "hooligans" the dpd would want to catch.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AndrMax View Post
    Or, if you don't want deferred or defensive driving, you can Pay Online Here.
    it's not a moving violation.

You haven't stated specifically what the offense was, and I don't want to presume, but if it's for DOTCD, or most anything else under Chapters 544 and 545 of the Transportation Code, it most certainly is a moving violation and is very much eligible for deferred or defensive driving.

Being a licensed Peace Officer, the Transportation Code is generally something I'm required to know a great deal of.
    Last edited by Maverick; 07-10-2009 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Clarification

Just a thought.
    Was the sign properly light, visible and not obstructed?
    Did you feel safe in the area or were you trying to get to a safer area?
    Did the sign say road closed or park closed?

This is the same City of Dallas that has a $200 million dollar short fall. Your not going to get out of it. That cop is a pig and should have given a warning or just told you to get out and told you why.
    Blah blah blah!

he was a old black man and was very mad at the white man. no hello just what do you think your doing? give me your license. then walked around the car looking for stuff the ticket.

he was a old black man and was very mad at the white man. no hello just what do you think your doing? give me your license. then walked around the car looking for stuff the ticket.
    Well no wonder! You woke him up from his nap! Damn kids and their loud cars...

The information you have entered does not match our records. Please try again.

wtf it's been 3 weeks and isn't not in there system. now i have to go down there and wait in line knowing that if i don't the cop will turn in the ticket late and it will get precessed after the due date.

OOO and there's more, i walked over and asked information, you have to and a -14 to the ticket number to pull it up but there is no instruction on the ticket or the site to do this...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast