Thread: Need another miata, totalled my LE

Default Need another miata, totalled my LE

I'm the guy that totaled my '93 LE last week. Yes it is an awful feeling. I need to get into another miata. I bought a very clean 1986 300zx just because of how awesome of a deal it was, so I need to either trade that or sell it so I can afford another miata.

I am probably going to do an interior transplant from my totalled LE, unless the interior on my next miata is just really good, like a black in tan in good shape.

So, if you guys are selling a miata, or know of one that I might be interested in, please direct me to it! Or contact me as well if you are interested in the 300zx(non turbo, 122k miles) I need something reliable, preferably low miles, and A/C. This is for a daily driver, not a track car.

Thanks,
    Chris Ruffin

Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

If you do decide to part it out, my dad is interested in the dash. Hope you get back in one soon.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Here is my plan: I will buy another miata (or trade my 300zx for one) and take what I need to fix it up. The rest of the parts will be sold.

Sorry Sharpie, the dash is cracked.

Anyone else have a miata to sell or trade? I am driving myself crazy searching for one....

I have a white 1990 I'd be willing to sell. It is high mileage though, but it runs great. It passed state inspection just a couple weeks ago.

It has A/C, blows cold - not as cold as newer cars, but it'll get you through the hot days.

Currently it has H&R coilovers on it, but those would be swapped out for a oem NB suspension.

It's brakes are upgraded to the 94-97 units (new bigger rotors), caliper brackets, new calipers, SS brake lines, hawk hps front, hawk hp+ in the rear.

Interior is in really good shape, has a pioneer stereo in it, headrest speakers added by previous owner.

It's recently painted (by me) - paint quality is about the same as a better quality maaco job.

If you're interested, I'll toss some pics and more info your way.

Sure, post some picks and your asking price. How high is the mileage? Does it leak any oil or have any transmission grind/trouble?

Im fine with the suspension swap, I am more into an oem ride anyway. Im not big on racing suspension.

For the record, I live in Rockwall, and any car that I choose to buy, I won't be able to buy immediately because I need to sell my 300zx first.

Thanks for the reply!

It's got 239k on the clock, so it's def high mileage. The previous owner is a member on the board (motorollow) he can probably chime in a bit on its history. It leaks some oil...I was driving it on the weekends, and over the course of a week it'd leave 3-4 small drops of oil under it. Transmission shifts great, it has redline oils in the tranny, diff, etc.

I bought it earlier in the year, cleaned her up, upgraded the brakes, fixed all the dents and put paint on it...it recently got dented on the hood, something fell on it.

I was planning on putting it up on craigslist next month for like $2700....

I'm asking $2500.

I was going to keep it, but as is with the "spare time" I do have... I barely have a chance to play with it...I'm about to tackle CPA examinations and I've just got too much going on at work...and gf bs... etc.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbruffin
    I am probably going to do an interior transplant from my totalled LE, unless the interior on my next miata is just really good, like a black in tan...
    So are you looking for a specific exterior color then?

Quote Originally Posted by cbruffin View Post
    I am probably going to do an interior transplant from my totalled LE, unless the interior on my next miata is just really good...
    The LE interior in a white car is pretty popular and looks darn nice if I do say so myself. Also pretty sweet in a Silverstone, or, in the case of something Rogue did once, a Titanium NA.

Saw a partial transplant in a smurf not long ago. It sure isn't for everyone, but it's definitely striking!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Red in white. New 20th AE in Japan is doing a similar theme.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.p...5&postcount=52

Quote Originally Posted by maan1986 View Post

It's got 239k on the clock, so it's def high mileage. The previous owner is a member on the board (motorollow) he can probably chime in a bit on its history. It leaks some oil...I was driving it on the weekends, and over the course of a week it'd leave 3-4 small drops of oil under it. Transmission shifts great, it has redline oils in the tranny, diff, etc.

I bought it earlier in the year, cleaned her up, upgraded the brakes, fixed all the dents and put paint on it...it recently got dented on the hood, something fell on it.

I was planning on putting it up on craigslist next month for like $2700....

I'm asking $2500.

I was going to keep it, but as is with the "spare time" I do have... I barely have a chance to play with it...I'm about to tackle CPA examinations and I've just got too much going on at work...and gf bs... etc.
    The oil leak and high mileage lower the value of that car far too much. I sold my red '90 about 2 months ago that had 93k on the clock, for $2500. It needed a new paint job(red was really faded) and the A/C wasn't cold but the compressor and all the components still worked. Other than that, and the crack in the dash, the car was fantastic. It drove flawlessly, and had a clear title and no wrecks. I even included a set of new struts I intended to put on the front of the car.

Thanks for the reply, but that one is a little to much for me to handle.
    Anyone else have anything?
    1990 stock red NA (sold)
    1993 LE (R.I.P. )
    Currently on the market for another NA

I don't know why but I love NB wheels on the NA!!
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

You should at least look at this car. There has been a ton of work done to this car and I personally spent $2000 over 2 years on parts and repairs. Look for my post from April for all the details. You would have a hard time finding a nicer 1990 interior. Also, the TB and waterpump have been done in the past year, new battery, alternator, belts, hoses, etc. Passed inspection with no problems in 07 & 08.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

I love NA's in white...

That one made me drool, even with the mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    You should at least look at this car. There has been a ton of work done to this car and I personally spent $2000 over 2 years on parts and repairs. Look for my post from April for all the details. You would have a hard time finding a nicer 1990 interior. Also, the TB and waterpump have been done in the past year, new battery, alternator, belts, hoses, etc. Passed inspection with no problems in 07 & 08.
    Agreed...mileage isn't really very meaningful in a car that age. In fact, a 15-20 year old car with <100k probably has a ton of original parts that are decayed and/or about to fail. A car with 239k has obviously seen some significant maintence and parts updates to make it that far. My 191k 1992 has more new parts than any 50k car out there, I'm willing to wager. My 2 cents.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Maan's NA is pretty decently clean, for the price he paid, and for the price he's selling. If I had the money and wanted a Miata, I would have no qualms about purchasing it.

Sure, you may find some other color you like better or lower mileage, but this car is enthusiast owned, some other car on craigslist might just be a beater with a fresh coat of wax on it.
    Previously owned: 2004 Classic Red - 135,000 miles
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice