Thread: Acura answers the question nobody was asking

Default Acura answers the question nobody was asking

Acura releases 2010 ZDX "Crossover"

Quote Originally Posted by Autoblog
    All-New 2010 Acura ZDX Four-Door Sports Coupe Will Feature Dramatic Styling, Outstanding Performance and Advanced Technology

All-new Acura model on-sale this winter

The all-new provocative 2010 ZDX four-door sports coupe will arrive at Acura dealerships with dramatic styling, outstanding performance and the latest in advanced technology. The segment bending ZDX features stunning coupe-like styling with the added benefit of a commanding presence and flexible utility. Staying true to the prototype model that debuted at the 2009 New York Auto Show in April, the production ZDX will feature the key design highlights of a panoramic glass roof, hidden rear door handles and bold fender flares.

Along with head-turning styling, the ZDX will boast outstanding performance from its 3.7-liter V-6 engine mated to an all-new 6-speed automatic transmission. The 3.7-liter SOHC V-6 all-aluminum engine will generate 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque for immediate acceleration response, outstanding low- and mid-range torque and superior high-rpm power. The 6-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters gives the ZDX excellent acceleration while also enhancing fuel economy. Standard on the ZDX is Acura's exclusive Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) system. The SH-AWD® system expands the ZDX's appeal by providing outstanding handling as well as superior all-season capability. Standard on the ZDX are 19-inch, 7-spoke alloy wheels; the largest standard wheel in the Acura lineup.

Inside, the ZDX exhibits the highest levels of refinement and sophistication. Every ZDX interior will feature a hand-stitched leather dash, panels and sculpted center console. The rich leather appointments give the ZDX a warm and inviting feeling while creating an intimate cockpit for the driver and passenger.

The ZDX's flexible utility enables customers to have great utility coupled with sleek styling. The ZDX can seat up to five adults while maintaining a generous amount of cargo space behind the second row of seats. The cargo area can also be expanded to accommodate longer objects, such as golf bags, by removing side panels in the cargo-compartment sidewalls. As an added bonus, there is an integrated under-floor storage area.

When the ZDX goes on sale this winter, customers will have the choice of three distinct trim levels: ZDX, ZDX with Technology Package and the ultra premium, ZDX with Advance Package. Like all Acura models, the ZDX will come generously equipped from the start. The panoramic glass roof with moveable sunshades, hand-stitched leather interior, HandsFreeLink™ Bluetooth® connectivity, power tailgate, and a high powered audio system with CD player, AM/FM/XM radio and USB audio interface with iPod® integration are all standard features.

The ZDX with Technology Package adds several features including a Navigation System with Voice Recognition™, an Acura/ELS Surround® premium audio system and a new multi-view rear camera. The Advance Package boasts additional customer enhancing technologies like a blind spot information system, a Collision Mitigating Braking System™ (CMBS™), and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

When the ZDX goes on-sale, it will bring a new level of prestige to the Acura lineup. The ZDX will be priced and positioned between the MDX luxury SUV and the RL luxury sedan. Pricing and additional details will be released at a later date.
    WTF? four-door sports coupe?

My car is a four door sports coupe. This is a sports utility vehicle with very little sport and even less utility.

I just don't get this thing (nor do I get the BMW X6). Who buys these things?

"Let's see... I really want an SUV, but that's way too practical for me and not sporty enough. What I really want is a car that handles worse than a mid-size sedan, has zero luggage space, and rear seat headroom issues. Put nineteen inch wheels on it while you're at it. Yeah, that's the image I'm trying to project."
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

It's no worse than the same crap from BMW.

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Pontiac Ass-tek's cousin?

Still fugly.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post

Still fugly.
    Just what I was thinking.

Of course, Acura and Honda has got to put the ugliest grills on all of their new cars. So why not put the ugliest car on the market as well. I think it will make top honors on 'ugly' over the Toyota Prius.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Driver
    Blog Entries

I overheard a few folks talking about their Acuras as if there were really no other sensible choice in vehicles. I just didn't get it, but I guess this vehicle may appeal to that mindset.
    Mike Walsted - Not an expert, just a data point.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

Looks fugly and sounds pretty useless. By the looks of it, I probably have more cargo space in my RSX.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Is Acura's lead designer this guy?

Bird beak on every one of the cars....... hmmmm.......just like his trusty sidekick Avenger!

I don't have a clue what they're trying to achieve, but I can tell they're trying too hard.
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Is Acura's lead designer this guy?

Nope. It's Voldemort.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post

Still fugly.
    +1
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

I've had several Acuras, and have always liked the brand, the innovation, and the value prop. But their styling lately has been a big miss. And the prices are creeping a bit too high as well...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!