Thread: NB Body ideas?

Default NB Body ideas?

I need some opinions on some NB body alterations.
    First off I wish I could just leave it stock as I love the NB look.
    That is probably not an option due to the nature of the project.
    The car is going to be an ITE Miata (LS1 conversion) setup to race. To help get the power down it will have the 15x9 (949) wheels. To stop the dang thing it will have a bigger rotor / caliper setup (bigger than the big brake packagethat FM & Goodwin offer).
    With those things in mind, I need to probably go with some sort of FLARE (uck) for the wheel wells. To get a better aero / brake cooling, I have been looking at different nose & rear bumper setups. It would be great to have the flares fit in with the nose and rear.
    I have spent hours lurking over on the CR board, but have not come to a decent conclusion. This is not a situation that I want to pay a ton for a huge body kit (repair would suck), but I don't want that reverse wheel Monte Carlo look either.
    Any ideas or suggestions?
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

I'm an AWR dealer, let me know if you think this might work for you:

http://www.awrracing.com/pages/miata...dy/99wide.html

Pennon also makes a very nice kit, probably more of what you're looking for:

http://www.modernsoloracing.com/miat...ares/index.htm Here are some flares for the NB. Also try timeattackforums.com, they have some good aero stuff there that might help. What are the aero rules for ITE? Can you have an underbody? As far as the front, I think a TDR Extreme splitter (the big one with turnbuckles) combined with some kind of underbody if it's legal would be sweet and still keep the NB lines. If you can't have an underbody, Bill Schenker has a pretty nice air dam on his CSP car. I attached some pics of it. BTW, sounds like a sick car you're building.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 08-15-2009 at 09:57 AM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

I was under the impression that the 15x9 were available in an offset that did NOT require bodywork modifications.

The tires are going to be 275/35/15s. May need a little more room than stock.
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER

Just a little massaging with a fender roller.

How much pulling nd rolling?
    Mac

Bring your car and wheels and let's find out. Do you already have your 6UL's?

The 6ULS should be at MSR this week. Have not invested in the Hoosiers yet.
    Mac