Thread: Loose Bolt

Default Loose Bolt

Anyone know how to tighten the bolt that bolt the short tube brace to under the driver seat pan? This bolt is loose. It seems bolt to driver seat pan with sheet metal kind of heatshield (? not sure if it is). I do not find the nut inside the cabin under the seat of this bolt. When I turn bolt from under the car, it just keep spining. Anyone know how? Is it normal for these bolts to come loose? The bolts in rear end of the center brace (the spine) are both very loose too, I tighten them to 80lb. By the way I have a 99.
    Gabriel

I am very disapointed that none of you smart guys know how to fix this!
    Gabriel

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Can you post a picture? Not sure I understand where this is.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I suspect you are talking about the front mount of the rear subframe brace. It has six bolts, two to the body under the seats and two to each side of the bottom of the subframe. It also includes a cross piece at the farthest back bolts. Is this it? I am confused when you talk about a heat shield, although there is one directly above the cat, but not at all related the the one I just decribed.. I am also confused about the other loose bolts. Are they on the aluminum PPF that mounts to the transmission and the rear diff? They are unrelated, too.

IF my first guess is correct, there are nut plates welded to the floor pan, under the seats. If one was missing(highly unlikely) the bolt would have fallen out. I'm guessing the loose one is stripped out.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    IF my first guess is correct, there are nut plates welded to the floor pan, under the seats. If one was missing(highly unlikely) the bolt would have fallen out. I'm guessing the loose one is stripped out.
    MadMerv is right. It is the one directly under the seat. Since it is spining freely, you think it is stripped? What you think I should do to fix this?

Thanks,
    Gab
    Gabriel