Thread: Rotary NC monster

Default Rotary NC monster

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=158121

It's not finished but it looks like it's going to be an awesome car.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

that's a hella lot of work

Fascinating... definitely a labor of love. Hopefully someday he'll have it running.

One thing that surprises me is his choice of wheel and tire sizes/offsets - the American CSP NC pilots figured out how to stuff 18x9.5 wheels with 285/35-18s under all four corners of an NC with pretty minor mods a long time ago. A 225/285 front/rear stagger on an NC chassis seems a bit extreme to me.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Wow! That thing is going to be a monster!
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

And you'll be able to buy/build a car that's much faster...for much less $$$...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    And you'll be able to buy/build a car that's much faster...for much less $$$...
    But that's not really the point. It's kinda like Chuck Mallett "stickin' an LS2 in it" on the Solstice and Sky models... It's "doing what the maker coulda/shoulda done" (assuming they didn't have to make a buck or meet regs or sell more than a dozen) in the dream scenario.

Sometimes, just having the ONLY one like it in the world is reason enough. At the end of the day, he'll have his dream car, a blown, wankel-powered monster miata that he can say with pride "Yes, I dreamed it, designed it, and built it." Some wanker with a 911 Turbo can only say "Yes, I bought it..."

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    One thing that surprises me is his choice of wheel and tire sizes/offsets - the American CSP NC pilots figured out how to stuff 18x9.5 wheels with 285/35-18s under all four corners of an NC with pretty minor mods a long time ago..
    Are they putting them over custom 8-pot Brembos? Looks like he doesn't have much clearance to go with higher offset wheels.

Yeah - the brakes are overkill and the stagger is silly. But somehow it's still pretty badass.