Thread: Real value of a BBK?

Default Real value of a BBK?

Well, after doing a little research I found that the Wilwood Dynalites that I've had sitting in a box for 4 years are pretty much dead-on for a stock replacement for volume (1.38" diameter pistons, utilizing a 0.81" nominal rotor). With that said, I wonder if it would be worth it to go ahead and see if Good-Win would sell me the rest of their kit, OR fab up something myself utilizing the Wilwood catalog and a drillpress.

I know that I do not NEED the heat dissapation of a BBK, but they DO look good, and I have the calipers sitting around...

On a side note, I still have the 4x100 rotor hats that came with that kit as well... But their pattern has a minimum rotor size of 12.75" I believe (what I had on my civic).

Inputs?

EDIT: Well, the rotor hats I have WILL fit in 15" 6UL's. The minimum rotor available is an 11.75" unit, which is what the max for those wheels are with the dynalites... This gets cheaper and cheaper. Now I'd just need to do a before/after brake torque calc for the front end and figure out what to do on the back to maintain stock balance. The car these hats came off of is a 2002 Civic Si, which operates within pretty much the same offsets as a Miata, so I think the hats should work.
    Last edited by CobaltFire; 08-15-2009 at 10:08 PM.

just get a rear bias valve but you're going to need a high friction-coefficient rear pad if you track it. I have sport brakes in the front with xp12's and standard 1.8 rear brakes with xp10 and I have the bias valve all the way open. Next time I'll do the same pad all the way around.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!