Thread: RS-2 cloese out sale

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Default RS-2 cloese out sale

Driver

PTPForrest said they sell them cheaper than TireRack in this post: http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showpost....0&postcount=20

You might contact him if you're interested

Man I really hated these tires on the S2000 but for 68 bucks I may put another set on to daily drive.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Driver

See... for <$100 for the Evo... how can you go wrong? Unless they are TRULY terrible, right?

I tried them on the S2000 and they weren't terrible but they weren't even up to par to say the RT-615 Azenis for autocross which is now 2 generations obselete. I think they work on certain cars and not on others. The Miata guys love them. I'm only daily driving mine so I don't really care for the price.

We're probably snagging a set for the Mini as well. 245/45/16 for 45 bucks!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

They're not terrible. However, they do not have the grip of the current performace tires, including the RS-3. You should be fine using these for the street.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

They will wear fast as a DD...at least mine did when I had them on my '99, or maybe it was my '92.

We have a had a couple sets of RS2's on the Wife's Miata.

Decent all around street tire only issue is the rears wear rather quickly.

I'm happy if I can get 6,000 miles out of the rears with no auto-x and a re-alignment. When we were auto-x the car nearly every weekend the rears were going around every 3K and fronts 6K with too much camber and rear toe in. I'm only driving about 7,000 miles a year now with the short commute.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Driver

Hmm... I'm on 9-10k (with a few k more left on them) on the NT-05's with a couple autocrosses and a couple track days on them. I got less out of the star specs (with a lot more autocrosses and a few more track days) and a LOT less out of the stock yokos.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Hmm... I'm on 9-10k (with a few k more left on them) on the NT-05's with a couple autocrosses and a couple track days on them. I got less out of the star specs (with a lot more autocrosses and a few more track days) and a LOT less out of the stock yokos.
    I should emphasize a LOT of those runs were at MW and I like to slide. Do you have a phone # for PTP? I'm going to pull the trigger but want to give him a shot since he's local.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

I got 1,500 miles and 89 autocross runs on my first set.

I got 1,500 miles and 92 autocross runs on my second set.

I have no idea how they do without autocrosses.

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I should emphasize a LOT of those runs were at MW and I like to slide. Do you have a phone # for PTP? I'm going to pull the trigger but want to give him a shot since he's local.

They have a nice new air conditioned shop in Ft. Worth and can mount/balance tires there. They also do things like corner balancing...

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

i weekend drive my RS2 and love them. if there where in 255/45/15 i would get some

They have a nice new air conditioned shop in Ft. Worth and can mount/balance tires there. They also do things like corner balancing...

Thanks I did get a hold of him through email and he can price match TR. Just need to find out how long shipping taxes and if there's local sales tax which could kill the deal.

My last set I just ordered on TR and drop shipped to BAM! and he did a perfect install as always.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Driver

I've got a $50 gift card to TR -- and with no sales tax -- it's hard to compete... plus PTP is a hard hour from my house and the road leading there is less than favorable for a lowered car (well the route I went was).

I've got a $50 gift card to TR -- and with no sales tax -- it's hard to compete... plus PTP is a hard hour from my house and the road leading there is less than favorable for a lowered car (well the route I went was).
    Yeah sales tax sucks. We just ordered a set for the Mini. $45 a piece, $230 shipped can't beat that.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater