Thread: 2010 Mazdaspeed3

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Thumbs up 2010 Mazdaspeed3

I like it!

LINKIE

The front might be the worse of any car sold in the last 5 years.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Wow, looks like a real HOT ROD! Why can't the MX-5 get a powertrain like that? Did you see the torque specs? 280lbs at 3300 rpm, talk about motivation. Oh, and 263 HP at 5500rpm, with redline at 6700, 15.5 lbs of boost, and direct injection. However, it's a bit heavy tipping the scales at 3221 lbs.

But I too am not a fan for the silly grin on the car. I'd rather see a silly grin on my face, lol.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I'd rather have the '07-'09 Mazdaspeed3. Much more of a Q-ship than this one.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I think I could get used to the front end. I like both generations, so it would really come down to the price difference.

I like it. There will not a white version or have the option for xenon lights. I guess it doesn't matter, the wife will be getting the next car and she wants a Pepper White Mini Cooper S and I need it to be a JCW.

I like it. The previous version looked like a small minivan.

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    I like it. There will not a white version or have the option for xenon lights. I guess it doesn't matter, the wife will be getting the next car and she wants a Pepper White Mini Cooper S and I need it to be a JCW.
    I would go against the JCW if you're buying a new car. The 2009 JCW has a fake E-diff, only the normal Cooper S 6spd has the option to get a real mechanical LSD. The 2010+ Cooper S's will all have the E-diff similar to the recent BMW's.

Also there are aftermarket options that make better power and give you better performance for the buck than the JCW.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I would go against the JCW if you're buying a new car. The 2009 JCW has a fake E-diff, only the normal Cooper S 6spd has the option to get a real mechanical LSD. The 2010+ Cooper S's will all have the E-diff similar to the recent BMW's.

Also there are aftermarket options that make better power and give you better performance for the buck than the JCW.
    Thanks for the information. I am still learning. She will be driving it mostly, meaning 97% of the time. I want the extra gadgets so I can just drive the Mini when I instruct and play on the track once in a while. Would your suggestion be a 2009 Mini Cooper S with no JCW and possibly go with something aftermarket on that package? So E-diff, what the hell is that? Sounds to be no good, huh?
    Thanks,
    Tryin to learn

i thought it was hideous. that is why i got my 09 before i couldnt get one.
    2005 Harkey-davidson lowrider
    2002 miata
    2009 klx250sf

So E-diff, what the hell is that?

It uses the brakes as a method to restrict power to the inside wheel allowing more power to the outside wheel.

There is a flash for the Mini allowing a 100% stock to make +45HP and +47 TQ.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    So E-diff, what the hell is that?

It uses the brakes as a method to restrict power to the inside wheel allowing more power to the outside wheel.

There is a flash for the Mini allowing a 100% stock to make +45HP and +47 TQ.
    ken,
    I don't care what the majority of MME say about you, you are are good guy!! Thanks for the information. It will help in my research.