Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My First Road Corse Review

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BenRomans04 View Post
    The instructor said I was pushing the car abourt as hard as it could go. Running only 12 second slower then A buddy in the yellow group with the same car, but a K24 swap and he's completely stripped.
    Dayum, they made me keep my clothes on at Hallett. I guess naked is OK in Aggie land.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    I was out there as well. I am one of the instructors. My student in your run group had a black M3. I remember your car. Black with gold FSP and 27 and 127 alphanumeric lettering? You were doing very well. As PP have noted, your front wheel drive just eats up new rear wheel drivers in the rain. My student had to have the nanny system on the whole time, but it was expected as he was SOOOO greeeeeeeen. Glad you came out there. I promise you this one thing, because of the rain, you are leaps and bounds ahead of where you would have been if no rain with regard to your driving skills. I had the black SM with yellow wheels and NEW FULLTREAD RA1s. I think my times, via my newish V-Box, thanks Ken-O, were around 2:12-2:18s. I had a blast. Hope to see you out there more often and as Iain has stated, there are many other options for Driving Event Sponsors, especially if you do not want to take up a whole weekend.

Thanks I had a BLAST. I'm goiung to the event on the 24th with Drivers Edge. Don't know how well the car will do out there, but we'll see. I remember the two M3's. I still got frustrated on the straights because of the power some of those cars had, there just wasn't anything I could do except try to out brake them(even with the sorry drum brakes) and out corner them. Sometimes it worked, some times it didn't. That audi RS4 was tearing it up though. He was flying!
    Last edited by BenRomans04; 10-06-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks I had a BLAST. I'm goiung to the event on the 24th with Drivers Edge. Don't know how well the car will do out there, but we'll see. I remember the two M3's. I still got frustrated on the straights because of the power some of those cars had, there just wasn't anything I could do except try to out brake them(even with the sorry drum brakes) and out corner them. Sometimes it worked, some times it didn't. That audi RS4 was tearing it up though. He was flying!
    There was NO reason that the RS4 could not tear it up! All wheel drive and nanny systems!! It is a beautiful car. The GT3 was awesome too..

There was NO reason that the RS4 could not tear it up! All wheel drive and nanny systems!! It is a beautiful car. The GT3 was awesome too..
    The GT3 was awesome, and I know I'm no pro, but that driver.... I wish that was my car.......

I think I actually cried ever time I passed him on the track.

I will say I did spin the car 3 times the second day, so I really don't have alot of room to talk. Probably pushing the car a little to hard.

Didn't do as well as I'd hope for on the Report Card. At least I now know what I need to work on!!

Here you go XX marks your grades:

WEAK FAIR AVERAGE GOOD EXCELLENT
    FLAG AWARENESS 1 2 3 XX 5
    PASSING SIGNALS 1 2 3 XX 5
    SMOOTHNESS 1 2 3 XX 5
    VISUALS 1 2 3 XX 5
    CONSISTENCY 1 2 3 XX 5
    CAR CONTROL 1 2 3 4 XX
    SLIDE CONTROL 1 2 3 4 XX
    AGGRESSIVENESS 1 LESS 2 3 XX MORE 5

ESP / TRACTION CONTROL OFF

SOLO QUALIFIED: Yes for Blue if same track and direction.

NEXT RECOMMENDED RUN GROUP: G B Y R

NOTES: did well on Sat. This guys a good driver for this level.

Driver

Eh, not sure what you're expecting? Excellent's all across the board?

I say that's a good report honestly.

I only got excellent in 2 out of 8. All the others were good. Which I'm pleased with, just wanted excellent across the board. But like I said, now I know what I need to work on!

Driver

Just wait... those were kindergarden "Goods" and "Excellents"

When you get more advanced...

Well you'll see.

I only got excellent in 2 out of 8. All the others were good. Which I'm pleased with, just wanted excellent across the board. But like I said, now I know what I need to work on!
    I agree with Goofygrin. You have to remember that this is still a subjective opinion within an objective format. When I instruct, I watch the student's every movement and when I see the student CAN do a particular skill set, I push the student beyond what they think they are capable of. It depends on what the instructor has as his/her objective for you as they see you drive. 90% of the time, the student does not have any understanding to the level they can push their car to the limit. I do not push them beyond what I think they are capable, because I do not want to endanger myself, the student or their car. Some instructors will just simply ride along and give minimal input. Some are constantly yelling, "GAS, GAS, GAS, Turn now, Smooth hands, BRAKE, BRAKE BRAKE, Look ahead, what is your corner worker doing? So, personally, I hope that your instructor was closer to the latter. 4 is a great score and the comments are fantastic. So good job. You will only get better and better and faster and faster. But make sure you continue to do all that in a safer and safer manner. Good job!

Alan

Yeah he was constanly saying gas gas gas, brake brake brake, etc. I really enjoyed the instructor. He wanted to start working on left foot braking, but I was a little nervous with the rain and the speed coming off the straight to work on it. I will the next time for sure.

Yeah he was constanly saying gas gas gas, brake brake brake, etc. I really enjoyed the instructor. He wanted to start working on left foot braking, but I was a little nervous with the rain and the speed coming off the straight to work on it. I will the next time for sure.
    do you remember your instructor?

do you remember your instructor?
    I feel really bad because I can't remember his name. He drives a miata as well and went off pretty bad, I think on the first day. I think his was a red one.

In an automatic you gotta left foot brake. Otherwise your foot may fall asleep!

Man that sounds like so much fun!!
    Rethinking ....

Quote Originally Posted by maan1986 View Post
    Man that sounds like so much fun!!
    Rethinking ....
    Come out to Eagles Canon on the 24th. 1 day event so its only 165 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Just wait... those were kindergarden "Goods" and "Excellents"

When you get more advanced...

Well you'll see.
    the shame.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

I feel really bad because I can't remember his name. He drives a miata as well and went off pretty bad, I think on the first day. I think his was a red one.
    You just named 90% of instructors in the nation.

fast
    dirt-surf
    red miata

lol
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Andy James - white guy with british accent?

AC - black guy with tons of knowledge?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast