Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S2kCA @ Harris Hill Road - Saturday, Nov 14

Default S2kCA @ Harris Hill Road - Saturday, Nov 14

The Austin chapter of the S2000 Club of America is hosting another one day track day at Harris Hill Road south of Austin.

The track day is scheduled for Saturday, November 14th. Pricing is $155 for S2KCA members and $170 for non.members, and includes lunch!

Registration is open now: Link to registration website

Harris Hill Road is a beautiful, flowing, technical, 1.7 mile road course nestled in the hill country halfway between Austin and San Marcos. Great track for a Miata!

Hope to see you at the track!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

site says Registration fees are $270 for S2KCA Club Members and $295 for non-members.

and how much is a S2KCA membership?

also see h2r site is listing it as sat and sun, is it a 2 day event? i can't find any info on the motor sport reg site.
    Last edited by jeff_man; 10-05-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Sondra is updating the registration website. Originally it was going to be a two-day event, but a large enough percentage of people were asking about single day registrations that she decided to make it a single day event.

The pricing on the registration site reflects the old two-day pricing.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

i'm check back tomorrow, this site is missing a few links.

Gonna be fun! I'll be instructing in my NC and still waiting for an S2K - ANY s2K - to better my time out at HHR :P

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Gonna be fun! I'll be instructing in my NC and still waiting for an S2K - ANY s2K - to better my time out at HHR :P
    Geezer has one damn fast NC. I’d love to see if any of the boost boys on this board have anything for him at HHR. My money’s on geezer.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Geezer has one damn fast NC. I’d love to see if any of the boost boys on this board have anything for him at HHR. My money’s on geezer.
    We're gonna find out at TWS Friday. You should come out.

Love to join ya, Jamie, but I'll be at MSR with Apex this weekend. I'll catch up with you in November!
    Iain

How far is the drive from Dallas to HHR? Rollbar requirements on S2000/Elises?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Who is this Geezer guy? Do I know him? I thought I was the old geezer! Oh, I know....I'm the old goat :)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Driver

There was going to be this video... but the batteries died or something.

of course he'd taken the hoosiers off before the session

I just checked out the track.... Looks like fun. Kind of a mix of Mid Ohio ans Laguna Seca, but with shorter straights. Just right for momentum cars I must try it out before we leave for KY.
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post

There was going to be this video... but the batteries died or something.

of course he'd taken the hoosiers off before the session
    heh. Here you go - 20 minutes of MX5 ass-kicking. Said "see ya" to an M Roadster, C6 vette and a couple o' GTRs, but no Evos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE22oMUGl6Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHtU70VMrMg

Driver

The videos don't do justice to the elevation change in the turn:

Vorshlag LOL (including geezer!):

Downhill, decreasing radius AND off-camber. It's a nasty one.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    The videos don't do justice to the elevation change in the turn:

Great video, Geezer! I just loved the 'vette walking away on the straights and you just making it all up under braking.There were great passing opportunites in the corners, that's for sure, but I know ya gotta abide by the "no passing" areas. Tell me more about this car, and YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Great video, Geezer! I just loved the 'vette walking away on the straights and you just making it all up under braking.There were great passing opportunites in the corners, that's for sure, but I know ya gotta abide by the "no passing" areas. Tell me more about this car, and YOU!

Thanks :) Not much to tell, it's an MX5 on Ohlins and Hoosiers, with basic bolt ons (I/H/E) (and RED OMP racing seats, which is where I'm convinced most of the performance comes from), and I'm just a dood that lucked into getting a car and a setup that I really really like on that track (which happens to be a good fit for the way I drive. And I have about a bazillion laps on it (the track) as well).
    Last edited by geezer; 10-05-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    How far is the drive from Dallas to HHR? Rollbar requirements on S2000/Elises?
    Factory rollover protection is okay for either car for this event. HHR may be tightening their rollover requirements next year for convertibles, so get on track while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    I just checked out the track.... Looks like fun. Kind of a mix of Mid Ohio ans Laguna Seca, but with shorter straights. Just right for momentum cars I must try it out before we leave for KY.
    Merv, you would love HHR. It’s an awesome track for Miatas! Come on down and join us!
    Iain

In like Zen. I was looking forward to the two straight days of Harris Hill, it's easier to make gains with two days in a row. They have a HPDE in December as well.

Video embed b/c that's how I roll:

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Love to join ya, Jamie, but I'll be at MSR with Apex this weekend. I'll catch up with you in November!
    I may come out if its not raining and there's room on the list.

As for the HHR event...I'l go if my car isn't blown up by then. Hopefully i won't get laughed out of there.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast