Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The new daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    So how many times a year do you go to the track that you need a dedicated track car? Hell I'm a member at MSR and I don't need a dedicated track car. Just trying to understand your logic.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

If he's not careful it may become a dedicated divorce car.

Nice car, looks great
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    If he's not careful it may become a dedicated divorce car.
    Like this?

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Like this?

Gabriel

Nice car, William.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Since this car is from OKLAHOMA, it will probably start honking on its own every time the SOONERS score a touchdown this weekend!!
    So it will beep once?
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Wonder if the Hooters stickers had anything to do with that divorce?

Glad you found a car. So did you decide against fixing your old one?

So how many times a year do you go to the track that you need a dedicated track car? Hell I'm a member at MSR and I don't need a dedicated track car. Just trying to understand your logic.

Nope. Rogue is going to fix it.

First off I never said I was logical!

I mentioned that "My hopes are to one day make it a dedicated track car." If I did get a dedicated track car the plans would also include at least monthly DE events.

This will likely be no time soon so for now, the car will be basic transportation as my other Miata gets fixed.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

"So how many times a year do you go to the track that you need a dedicated track car? Hell I'm a member at MSR and I don't need a dedicated track car. Just trying to understand your logic.
    96 Mazda Miata FMII turbo and future LS1
    4 project cars = no $$ and no time "

So the guy with 4 project cars (Not to mention a supercharged ford ranger) decides to call out a fellow forum member with only one and perhaps two projects down the road?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best laugh I had all day.
    Last edited by Brad; 10-15-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Look'n good. It looks ready to
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Track only or track mainly?

If I had another car I'd consider making mine less street friendly (my def.), no top, mostly gutted interior, NT01s, stiffer springs and door bars.

Track only would mean I had a membership and some extra ching dow.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Blog Entries

Just trying to understand your logic.

Logic has no place when you are deep in the AMOK for another Miata. Live long and prosper William.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

"So how many times a year do you go to the track that you need a dedicated track car? Hell I'm a member at MSR and I don't need a dedicated track car. Just trying to understand your logic.

So the guy with 4 project cars (Not to mention a supercharged ford ranger) decides to call out a fellow forum member with only one and perhaps two projects down the road?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best laugh I had all day.
    If he was calling him out on PROJECT cars, I'd agree with you. Otherwise, his fleet kinda supports his point.

Not taking sides on this one, though...

Glad you seem to be amused, but I fail to see your point. Yes I have project cars and they all run and I could take each and every one of them to the track if I wanted to (maybe not the truck) and they each have their pros and cons. Obviously you are to dense to see the question that I raised, and that I was just trying to understand what the logic behind his decision was. I stand by my original post based on the information provided at the time in that a dedicated track car is not needed until you are spending lots of time at the track.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

This is getting good...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

OK guys... wait... If you are going to get in whether he NEEDS a dedicated track car... you're opening yourself up to some trouble. Do we really NEED many of the things we have?

It's simply a case where he wants one... period...

Have fun building it up BR!
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Glad you seem to be amused, but I fail to see your point. Yes I have project cars and they all run and I could take each and every one of them to the track if I wanted to (maybe not the truck) and they each have their pros and cons. Obviously you are to dense to see the question that I raised, and that I was just trying to understand what the logic behind his decision was. I stand by my original post based on the information provided at the time in that a dedicated track car is not needed until you are spending lots of time at the track.

You could ask any of my friends and they will confirm my density .
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    OK guys... wait... If you are going to get in whether he NEEDS a dedicated track car... you're opening yourself up to some trouble. Do we really NEED many of the things we have?

It's simply a case where he wants one... period...

Have fun building it up BR!
    To me a track car isn't a need at all, but more of a financial decision if you decide that's a hobby you want to pursue. I.E. I don't need a track car, heck the Elise would be insanely fun but I honestly can't afford to put it in to a wall and walk away so buying a $2K Miata track car is probably a good idea. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. if anyone sees a decent running Miata around that price range let me know.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast