Thread: Ken O's new Track Car

Default Ken O's new Track Car

I found that track car you've been looking for, Ken...

http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7253

Yep, the "GMW" is for sale on eBay.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Nah, he needs something that won't be so difficult to resell after a month/week/day/hour.

OOOOOOOooooooohhhhhhhhh AAAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhh that is one sweet car!!!!

Wonder what the next project is going to be!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Wonder what the next project is going to be!
    http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7194

Nah, it has no soul.

Would be a hell of a track car but I don't recall it ever being a competitive auto-x car in it's class. Did they ever get the ABS brake situation sorted? A 200 hp car is scary when the brakes don't work, can't imagine 500
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 10-20-2009 at 07:27 PM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

That looks like one helluva track car, but it'd be a shame to waste all that fun on a closed course. With a full interior that would be a F-U-N street sleeper.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Would be a hell of a track car but I don't recall it ever being a competitive auto-x car in it's class. Did they ever get the ABS brake situation sorted? A 200 hp car is scary when the brakes don't work, can't imagine 500
    It's a bimmer. They've all got crap brakes.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    With a full interior that would be a F-U-N street sleeper.
    That's what I'm thinking. I wonder what it would take to make it street legal again...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. I wonder what it would take to make it street legal again...
    Nothing that can't fix.

For a street car just start over. Eurosport has several e36 V8s in the shop that different techs are building as personal cars.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    It's a bimmer. They've all got crap brakes.
    Huh? Every BMW I've driven has had fantastic brakes, easily up there with Mazdas. E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3 (especially this one), Z4 3.0 si, 330i ZHP.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Ask Ken o why he spent a couple thousand dollars to replace the stock brakes on his E46...

I'll say this - I drove ken o's car before he went to the Stoptech front calipers, and the brakes were like a light switch - they were either on (and in the ABS) or off. Plenty of stopping power, but not easy to modulate at all.

I've noticed similar issues with most of the BMWs I've driven. I just find that Mazdas (at least ones with ABS ) are far easier to modulate and threshold brake. The BMWs may have the same ultimate stopping power, but the Mazdas have much better feel.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Ask Ken o why he spent a couple thousand dollars to replace the stock brakes on his E46...

I'll say this - I drove ken o's car before he went to the Stoptech front calipers, and the brakes were like a light switch - they were either on (and in the ABS) or off. Plenty of stopping power, but not easy to modulate at all.

I've noticed similar issues with most of the BMWs I've driven. I just find that Mazdas (at least ones with ABS ) are far easier to modulate and threshold brake. The BMWs may have the same ultimate stopping power, but the Mazdas have much better feel.
    I'm pretty sure Ken replaced his brakes cause the stock rotors were worn beyond repair and the PO had replaced the pads with some cheap miss-matched stuff. I think he also said he was going aftermarket for better cooling on track. And also, it's Ken he can't leave well enough alone.

I drove his car one of the first events he had it at PMS and it seemed fine to me. Go drive a new V8 M3, the brakes will put your eyeballs out of socket, I was thoroughly impressed when I drove it.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

I put eurosport rotors on the car shortly after I bought it with PFC 01 pads. Track pads when cold are hard to modulate. I put Stoptechs on the front because I was getting brake fade at the track. Now I run a street pad with the ST BBK and PFC01 ST BBK for the track. Works great.