Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Texas Time Trials on November 1st

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Actually it is privately owned by a guy named Manskey, iirc.
    I thought I heard David say that the city owned it this weekend.

No way that happened on the inside without it being 99.9% gone to begin with or you have some major toe-in on that wheel.

Did anyone set a new fast time?

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    A Blue WRX got into the top 10 in the morning. Don't know about anyone in the afternoon. And to explain it better, the wear is on the outside of the tire itself, but its on the "inside(driver front side of vechicle)" tire considering the track layout.....does that make better sense???

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I managed a 1:13.8 on some dead star specs in the morning. I was fighting some pretty massive oversteer (old tires tend to do that), but that made for a pretty good drift show.

BTW, I'm loving my new diff! Thanks Boisking!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Driver

1 wheel peel causing the odd tire wear?

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    1 wheel peel causing the odd tire wear?
    Not really sure. I'm gonna take it off the wheel this afternoon and see if I can see anything inside of the tire. It may be a few different things. 1. Too low of psi like atlin said, but I've NEVER run into this problem before so I'm not sure about that. 2. Rubbing on something inside the fender, which I don't beleive it was doing either, because like the above one, its never happened before. or 3. a defective tire. Just going to have to rip[ it apart and look at it. There's places where there are larger chunks missing and such, its really strange. Probably the last time at mineral wells for me for awhile though....

Like others have said too little air pressure and/or not enough camber. It could also be driver induced. Is the car pushing a lot? Are you unwinding the wheel to let the front tires grip then turing the wheel again to get the car to turn or are you just plowing thru the turn with your foot in it killing the tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Like others have said too little air pressure and/or not enough camber. It could also be driver induced. Is the car pushing a lot? Are you unwinding the wheel to let the front tires grip then turing the wheel again to get the car to turn or are you just plowing thru the turn with your foot in it killing the tires?
    I'm flicking the wheel a little to try and let the back end come around some. Not alot of pushing. Plus the tire was on the side of the car only doing 2 of the 6 turns this weekend, and they were very slow speed turns.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    I've got 400 pictures to go though as soon as I get them sorted (I'll have much less after that) I'll get them uploaded to my imageshack account and then post a few up here.

Next time I'll have a better lens to work with also :) Lookin at a few 200mm lenses now.
    You get the pictures up yet???

Haven't started back up yet been busy at work and getting ready for the motorcycle trip this upcoming weekend. I go on leave at noon tomorrow and don't leave for the trip till noon on Friday so I'll be able to use most of tomorrow to get them sorted and done.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

I'm uploading the pictures to my imageshack account now. There's almost 200 total so it'll take most of the night to upload. I'll post up some linkage sometime tomorrow before I leave for my motorcycle trip.

If you find pictures you want I probably wont be able to send them till I get back late sunday or sometime monday.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

well now that there was no damage incurred to the car, I can finally post the excursion.

Obviously I should have braked more before the turn, but very interesting was the effect the gravel off line had on my ABS. After some research I have discovered that a few GTI owners have experienced an ice mode with ABS where due to a lack of surface traction the ABS refuses to brake the car. Whether or not that is exactly what happened, as I was trying to brake while going off to no effect, is still unknown for sure it was an interesting experience and I learned a lot from it.

Really I lucked out and the car has no damage at all and drives great as always.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    well now that there was no damage incurred to the car, I can finally post the excursion.

Obviously I should have braked more before the turn, but very interesting was the effect the gravel off line had on my ABS. After some research I have discovered that a few GTI owners have experienced an ice mode with ABS where due to a lack of surface traction the ABS refuses to brake the car. Whether or not that is exactly what happened, as I was trying to brake while going off to no effect, is still unknown for sure it was an interesting experience and I learned a lot from it.

Really I lucked out and the car has no damage at all and drives great as always.

Good to hear all is well with the car, sure makes for a good story....
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Wow! That does not look like fun! Brake issues always suck! Double tap on the brakes next time.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123