Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mustang loses it at Hallett v.eek!

Default mustang loses it at Hallett v.eek!

Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 10-26-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

looks like #8 claims another lift-error.

I do not like how the roll bar went through the floor. I have no idea if the driver is alive.

Oh my.... And there was a passenger/instructor in the car too. Man, I hope everyone is OK.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Dang!... I was scrolling down, looking at the first 3 pics thinking oh... thats not that bad... then things go terribly wrong. I agree... whats up with those roll bar legs? Were they bolted to the pan?

I hope they are okay, I think that car was just in a Mustang magazine too.

I can't find any more info, I may call tomorrow and ask about the condition of the drivers. I've always told people to take extra care setting up #7, because once you commit you can't take your foot off no matter how far you are off line.

I need to get over streeting my car and stuff a cage in it.

ouch. I hope the best but that roof is crushed pretty far down I think they would have had a hard time surviving that.

What's the fluid on the front fender/door area? Oil?
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

It looks as though the person was driving the car was wearing a blue and yellow suit just like the person you see in the later pics sanding outside of it.

I watching my video yesterday and thinking I was leaving a lot of time at Turn 7. I guess I was doing the right thing to leave some of the time on the table after all!

I was doing the same thing while scoring down, thinking everything would "buff out" but than ... DAM!

So, for the Miata, is the Hard Dog roll bar better than this or we just don't want to find out?
    Gabriel

You be the judge... but the bar in that Mustang should NOT have done that. Yikes.

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I do hope they are well. That is one scary situation. Keep us posted on their condition.

Found a picture of the mustang in the aug 2009 Green Country Classic mustang newsletter. http://www.greencountryclassicmustan...es/Aug2009.pdf

They list a track day at Hallett on Sept 12 &13th.

From the newsletter....
    "Classroom and in car instruction will be provided. The racing is extremely relaxed and safe. If you’ve always wanted to try Hallett this is the way to do it and learn from an experienced driver. I hope to be able to participate this year so if you want to go let me know. Hopefully I can make a car turn instead of going straight all the time."
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Hope they are ok.
    It looks like the fence might have contributed to the rollover. Almost looks like the fence caught and held the nose.

Well to me it looks like the roll bar held up fine but the body gave way where it was mounted. Seems to me that any other Mustang owners who have the same or a similar cage or bar setup in their's should re-evaluate their mounting.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Blog Entries

Excuse me while I go check my footers and backing plates.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

A flared foot bolted to sheet metal floor is a bad idea. Mustangs are bad for real, true, aftermarket rollbars. I know because I've been looking for a good roll bar for my sister's convertible 07 Mustang.

I guess No. 12 is no longer for sale! It is odd that the spec does not say anything about safety equipments, i.e. cage, fire suppression etc. for such a purpose built track car!
    Gabriel

This is one of the things that scares the crap out of me as an instructor. Most DEs will bounce you for not following instructions. But it only takes a second to end up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    This is one of the things that scares the crap out of me as an instructor. Most DEs will bounce you for not following instructions. But it only takes a second to end up like this.
    Lots of seasoned veterans wreck in that corner. The driver may not have disallowed instructions here...shit happens. I would be super pissed if I were in that passenger seat, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast