Thread: Any ASE certified mechanics on here?

Default Any ASE certified mechanics on here?

Need to get a certified ASE to tech my car and sign off on it as safe for track use. I have a checklist. Darkshadow you certified yet?

yes i have 6 out of the 8. do you have to be L1 master or just certified. also plenty of guys at work are im sure i can get someone to doit.. btw i have tech my buddy Christians lotus for him and didnt have any problems.
    2005 Harkey-davidson lowrider
    2002 miata
    2009 klx250sf

I just need an ASE stamp or receipt showing it passes tech for track use. Will take 10 minutes at the most. The lady running the S2KCA at Harris Hill said I can't use Track Dog Racing.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I just need an ASE stamp or receipt showing it passes tech for track use. Will take 10 minutes at the most. The lady running the S2KCA at Harris Hill said I can't use Track Dog Racing.
    +1, was a bunch of crap. town north will do it but it's $30. never doing a s2k track day after this.

im willing to do it just let me know.
    2005 Harkey-davidson lowrider
    2002 miata
    2009 klx250sf

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    +1, was a bunch of crap. town north will do it but it's $30. never doing a s2k track day after this.
    Jeff,

It's not like this should have been a surprise. This has been a requirement for all of Sondra's events at Harris Hill, and it is right there in bold, highlighted text on the registration page for the event.

One thing to remember - Sondra organizes these days out of her own pocket, so she assumes a lot of liability. If I were in her place I'd require a certified mechanic to sign off on participating cars just like she does.

Y'all have fun down there this weekend. I'm still sad I'm going to miss this one!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

every track day i have done that asks for a inspection and has taken a tdr inspection with out a problem. this is the first time i've had to go so far out of my way just to go to the track. i'd be less annoyed if the people i talked to at the places i went and talked to knew what they where talking about. i mean i left town north mazda after the service people told me to go talk to tdr, should have just went back and talked to Jim.

I'm put off a bit by the inconvenience but what really gets me is getting an email one week before the event saying we only get four 22-minute sessions. Not even an hour and a half of seat time. Wish I knew that from the start, I wouldn't have signed up. Should be closer to two hours.

Thanks for the help Dark Shadow.