Thread: AST Track/Test day @ ECR Nov. 30th

Default AST Track/Test day @ ECR Nov. 30th

Greetings,The details are coming together for this, but here is what we're planning at the moment.

Piet and Ronnie Kreeft from AST Suspension will be in town (Dallas) at the end of November through the first week of December. We plan to rent a track in the DFW area for existing AST customers. It appears we will be renting Eagles Canyon on Monday, November 30th. This is not finalized, but looking likely the location. www.eaglescanyon.com This is a great 2.5 mile track that has some really bumpy sections, fast sections and slower turn arounds and actual elevation changes.

Here is what they want to do. Piet and Ronnie want to ride in cars with AST shocks on an American race track. Then they will adjust the shocks and decide if they want to revalve the shocks on site. We'll bring all the appropriate tools to remove the shocks and revalve them at the track. The car owner will need to help remove and install them on your car since we'll have many cars at the track.

I would prefer that participants have "on track" experience OR are willing to have an experienced driver take your car on the track.

Of course the catch. While the revalve and work at the track will be free, we will have to divide the cost of the track day amongst the participants. It appears this will be $175-200 per participant capping the total invited to approximately 20 people. Anyone purchasing shocks at any AST dealer prior to the test date can participate as well. Dealers of course are welcome regardless if you drive or not. If you have customers thinking about ASTs and they are in the Dallas area, send them too. I don't mind if they participate and get valving help from Ronnie and Piet on their own cars as it shows their knowledge and skills. Of course we'll be offering rides in the faster cars that all happen to have ASTs on them. :)

If you're interested in coming to Dallas, let me know and we'll point you to some hotels nearby. If you want to stay an extra day and get some training from the experts, I'm all for that too.

If you are interested e-mail me at sales @ ast-usa dot com

Thanks for looking,

Stuart F. Maxcy
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Quote Originally Posted by S.F. Maxcy View Post
    Greetings,The details are coming together for this, but here is what we're planning at the moment.

Piet and Ronnie Kreeft from AST Suspension will be in town (Dallas) at the end of November through the first week of December. We plan to rent a track in the DFW area for existing AST customers. It appears we will be renting Eagles Canyon on Monday, November 30th. This is not finalized, but looking likely the location. www.eaglescanyon.com This is a great 2.5 mile track that has some really bumpy sections, fast sections and slower turn arounds and actual elevation changes.

Here is what they want to do. Piet and Ronnie want to ride in cars with AST shocks on an American race track. Then they will adjust the shocks and decide if they want to revalve the shocks on site. We'll bring all the appropriate tools to remove the shocks and revalve them at the track. The car owner will need to help remove and install them on your car since we'll have many cars at the track.

I would prefer that participants have "on track" experience OR are willing to have an experienced driver take your car on the track.

Of course the catch. While the revalve and work at the track will be free, we will have to divide the cost of the track day amongst the participants. It appears this will be $175-200 per participant capping the total invited to approximately 20 people. Anyone purchasing shocks at any AST dealer prior to the test date can participate as well. Dealers of course are welcome regardless if you drive or not. If you have customers thinking about ASTs and they are in the Dallas area, send them too. I don't mind if they participate and get valving help from Ronnie and Piet on their own cars as it shows their knowledge and skills. Of course we'll be offering rides in the faster cars that all happen to have ASTs on them. :)

If you're interested in coming to Dallas, let me know and we'll point you to some hotels nearby. If you want to stay an extra day and get some training from the experts, I'm all for that too.

If you are interested e-mail me at sales @ ast-usa dot com

Thanks for looking,

Stuart F. Maxcy

Wish I could have gone to this, thanks for the info. How was the day?
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.