President & Founder

How does GS end up with a softer pax?

Stupid autocross!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post

Stupid autocross!
    'Cause the Mini S finally moved to DS?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post

Stupid autocross!
    Time to get the wife's Civic some better tires!

Driver

dang thought my slow times would have given BSP a softer pax

Just to clarify the chart the old AS/new BS only went up .004.

Man did GS get a softer PAX.

Did the Genesis stay in GS?

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Did the Genesis stay in GS?
    Step away from the car Ken. We know what your thinking.

Muh who hah ha ha ha

well I suppose I could go back to TGS or GS, but that would mean losing the coilovers, or every other modification I have on the car that actually makes it fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    well I suppose I could go back to TGS or GS, but that would mean losing the coilovers, or every other modification I have on the car that actually makes it fun to drive.
    That's the thing that sucks about SCCA sometimes. I wouldn't take parts of the car to conform unless you want to run a bunch of tours and nationals in your car. You already spent the money to make the car more enjoyable, no sense in going backwards.

If I keep the Elise I'm getting aftermarket control arms to get some real camber in the front, forget Stock class.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    That's the thing that sucks about SCCA sometimes. I wouldn't take parts of the car to conform unless you want to run a bunch of tours and nationals in your car. You already spent the money to make the car more enjoyable, no sense in going backwards.

If I keep the Elise I'm getting aftermarket control arms to get some real camber in the front, forget Stock class.

That's what's nice about SCCA I don't have to lower the car and put super stiff spring on it to be completive but if I do theirs a class for it. Do what ever you have the most fun at. Now if we could only get rid of Rcomps in stock.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Now if we could only get rid of Rcomps in stock.
    It's called Tire Class. I like running stock...it levels the playing field for the most part. Once you leave it's a never ending money pit if you want to remain competitive.

Driver

Hoosiers are so cheap.

Personally I'd like Stock to mean that. No catback, no shocks, nothing but street tire (and yes, I know about the ST* street tire fiasco).

I'd also like "stock car racing" to be just that again, but that's a whole nuther subject.

So what's wrong with ST?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

There is nothing wrong with ST, just that the GTI is not really that competitive in STX, unless I really dedicated prepping the car to the limits of the class, which will just not happen due to budget constraints.

Maybe if I was a fantastic driver I would be able to overcome the gap, but as it stands now. A mediocre me is not fast enough to make up the difference.

There is nothing wrong with ST, just that the GTI is not really that competitive in STX, unless I really dedicated prepping the car to the limits of the class, which will just not happen due to budget constraints.
    That's pretty much true for any car/class. You have to prep to the limits of the class rules. That's why I like stock because their is so little you can (have) to do.

Maybe if I was a fantastic driver I would be able to overcome the gap, but as it stands now. A mediocre me is not fast enough to make up the difference.

So what are you looking for, a 762 Class where everyone drives Rabbits with soft-sprung coilovers?

Hs ftw!!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast