Thread: MSM Engine & Tranny - $3500

Default MSM Engine & Tranny - $3500

I'm selling the MSM engine and tranny that I bought off craigslist a couple months back. Unfortunately, my '00 LS that it was destined for was destroyed last Sunday. Head on collision with a Ford Sport Trac. Demolished the front of the car, but I walked away without a scratch. Says something about Miata's safety.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1486939070.html

Including MSM stock ECU, ignition switch, key, and immobilizer plus a few other things that I've picked up for the install.

Bummer.... Glad you are OK. So what do you plan on replacing the Miata with?

Is the price the same as on CL, $3,500? Might wanna post it in the title.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Bummer.... Glad you are OK. So what do you plan on replacing the Miata with?
    I haven't decided yet. . . Used M Roadster maybe. Or God forbid, I might have to go with something with a back seat and storage space. Though I want to fend off practicality as long as I can.

Miatas aren't completely out of the picture either. Just don't know what the next MX-5 manifestation will be.

Glad that you're OK! Fortunately before you drop big $$$ putting in the MSM parts.
    Gabriel

So tempted to buy that and build it up...

If anyone is interested in some of the other pieces we could part it up. I just want the Turbo/Exhaust Manifold, and maybe the block.

Anyone interested in the tranny, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltFire View Post
    So tempted to buy that and build it up...

If anyone is interested in some of the other pieces we could part it up. I just want the Turbo/Exhaust Manifold, and maybe the block.

Anyone interested in the tranny, etc?

Let me know if you want to come take a look. . . I live in northeast dallas. Next to White Rock Lake.

How much for just the tranny?
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    How much for just the tranny?

I would really prefer to sell engine and tranny as a unit just to avoid being left with something unsellable. If you want to go in together with someone else as mentioned above, that's what I would prefer.

That being said: 6-speed tranny with clutch and flywheel: $900 if you want me to break it away from the engine.

$850 if you want to do it yourself (I will provide beer).

Well, if we have one guy taking the tranny, anyone want anything else?

I assume that if he took the tranny @ $850 the rest would be $2750?

I am honestly interested here.

$2650. . .$3500-$850=$2650 unless you just want to throw in a little extra for fun.

That's what I get for trying to do math while working on a government travel document...

Yes, the irony.

Cobalt, if you are truly interested, I'll give you the same deal for the engine as I did for the transmission. $2700 for engine if I remove the transmission or $2650 if you want to do it with the help of my beer.

Let me know. Thanks.

I'm heading out of town for the week.

I'll be thinking about it and let you know for sure next week, if it has not sold by then.

Quote Originally Posted by mmjon View Post
    I would really prefer to sell engine and tranny as a unit just to avoid being left with something unsellable. If you want to go in together with someone else as mentioned above, that's what I would prefer.

That being said: 6-speed tranny with clutch and flywheel: $900 if you want me to break it away from the engine.

$850 if you want to do it yourself (I will provide beer).
    I'll take second dibs on the tranny. I live very close to you and can pick up tomorrow. I'll break it apart. Call me 214-679-7940 if still for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by rfc View Post
    I'll take second dibs on the tranny. I live very close to you and can pick up tomorrow. I'll break it apart. Call me 214-679-7940 if still for sale.
    Still for sale. No one officially has first dibs. I'll give you a call this evening.

dang, I wish I had the money to buy it outright. That would be the perfect donor engine for the LoCost that I want to build next year.
    2006 Limited Edition, Ohlin's DFV, Cosworth, Full RS exhaust w/ Q muffler, RP-F1 w/ Direzza Z1 Star Spec 255/40ZR17, Goodwin double hoop roll bar w/ removable rear brace, Mazdaspeed Front bumper cover, AEM AFR, AEM water/methanol injection, (Cosworth built 2.0L w/ all forged internals and head and cams on its way). Permagrin fully intact.

Tranny sold! But engine still remains for $2650

(903) 278-2470