Thread: Bogus CL ad--question for POS

Default Bogus CL ad--question for POS

Sorry, the thread I'm referring to is closed. POS--how did you discover the duplicate for sale adds in the four other cities?
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

No Texas inspection sticker on the car and no phone # in the craigslist ad made me wonder if it was a farce.

Google knows everything! I googled the first couple of sentences of the listing and it listed all craigslist ads nationwide.

As Grandpa Harrison always said, "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is".....

Google has a deal going with Craigslist that boosts the speed of indexing ads... Mick's technique should work pretty well on questionable ads for a while until the scammers decide they need to get craftier.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Yup, some cl scammers now paste a picture of the text so it can't be searched. For those (or any others you want to check for validity/overposting), you can go to craigshelper and paste the title or perhaps something unique in the title (like the price). Trouble is, scammers going to the lengths of pasting a photo of bs text likely have a generic title too.

You can also run the pics through www.tineye.com

I like this site to search all of CL

http://www.craiglook.com/
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Good info, all. Thanks!
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!