Thread: L.O.S.T @ TWS 4/24

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Default L.O.S.T @ TWS 4/24

The Lotus Owners of South Texas Club is renting Texas World Speedway near College Station on April 24. Note corrected date
    The fee is $100 for the entire day and lunch.
    There will be several groups for all skill levels.
    There is a limit of 50 cars total, but John Walker says they are looking for a few more cars.
    Contact [email protected] ASAP to sign up or for more informantion.

I hear the road course @ TWS is great. The last time I saw it, was before many of you were hatched and I was a lowly photographer

Texas World Speedway is a fun course. I cut my teeth on that course a few years ago, driving in the John Eagle Honda events that were scheduled out there every summer.

It's even more fun if you've got a fast car, since almost a 1/2 mile of the big oval's front straight makes up the track between Turn 15 & Turn 1 (at least in the configuration I'm most familiar with). The transition from banking to flats at Turn 1 is abrupt, and can be very interesting indeed... especially in a powerful car. My old FD RX7 would hit 140+ mph coming into the braking zone for Turn 1, when it was running well.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw