Thread: New wheels n' stuff

Default New wheels n' stuff

Finally got most of the interior back together so it's time to get some photos of the new stuff up here.

Before:

After:

I've had these wheels sitting in my dining room since summer, finally got them on the car a couple months ago. Axis Oldskools 15x8 +25 offset. Knock off JDM y0!! They make the car dramatically more stable in hard corners, and much more grip even for these cheap tires.

Scored a used Momo Prototipo on ebay, and got a half inch spacer for it, and picked up a new shift knob. Love the feel of the wheel, especally since adding the spacer.

I'm very happy with how the car's looking and handling these days. Sorry no top down photos. Sadly with all this weather I don't think i've had the top down since october...im a when it comes to cold weather.

Next up, im looking for a set of black seatbelts, I hate the tan belts, and im looking for a used roll bar. That and working out a few noises, think I have a wheel bearing going out and think the driveshaft is making noise, probably the u-joints going out. This is the last of the pretty stuff for awhile.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 01-17-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

One more photo that wouldn't fit.

Full 8 inches of extra tire
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Looks great.

Looking Good, I like that shift knob.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

what knob is that, is it a universal? where did you get it... i want...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice steering wheel! What is on the back end? It looks like it has an anus in the middle!
    Gabriel

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Looking good Jigger!

Looks good!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Nice wheels you have there! I do believe those are my old wheels. Those things are starting to be the ho wheels of this board. LOL

Car looks good.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Looking good. Wheels look great!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    what knob is that, is it a universal? where did you get it... i want...
    It's an OEM knob from a 2009 Lancer Ralliart. You can get them off ebay but they're pricey. Around $79 shipped. My wife got it for me for Christmas. I don't have the link now as ebay is blocked at work, but I can send it to you later.

Only problem, while the threads fit, I assumed that it was just like the Evo knob that screws right on, I didn't realize that the Ralliart lancer was a manumatic only, so the knob is a little differrent. It's the same thread diameter and pitch but the threads only go up halfway in the shaft so I had to do a little drilling and tapping to make it go the rest of the way. Im looking for a boot that will match the white stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Nice steering wheel! What is on the back end? It looks like it has an anus in the middle!
    It actually used to be an anus!

This is how it was when I bought the car, someone actually did this to the poor car. I tried to think of ways to make it better but then I just removed it all together and put a stock exhaust back on. I never got around to filling the hole, but you can't really see it from a normal perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    Nice wheels you have there! I do believe those are my old wheels. Those things are starting to be the ho wheels of this board. LOL

Car looks good.
    I know, BAM! was saying they were your old wheels and he used to have them at his apartment. Funny thing is the boxes they came in I think were the boxes from BAM!'s old XXR sportmax.

I think i'll hang on to them for awhile, i've taken them in to a good loving home

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 01-18-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post

Car looks good.
    And you would be correct. DD>SA>Jigg

+ 1 more. Car is looking good!!

Definitely lookin' good, there!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates