Thread: April Hallett Track Day

Default April Hallett Track Day

Hello everyone, my buddy in NW Arkansas is thinking of organizing a private Hallett track day. They have not decide on a day or date yet but here are two of them.

April 3, which is a Saturday

April 21, which is a Wednesday

The one that falls on a weekday would be roughly $85 cheaper than the one on Saturday. Feel free to post here if you have any questions.

Lee
    97' M Ed
    05' LO MSM

You say $85 cheaper on Wednesday, but cheaper than what?

My wife's due date is April 26th, so I'm definitely out on the 21st.

I'd love to make it up for the 3rd. It's been awhile since I've been to Hallett.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

more info plz

I will definitely post more info once I find out more. Depending the number of people the price for the weekend will goes for anywhere between $200-$250. That is just a ball park figure. So far the majority of the NW Arkansas attendees voted for the week day option.

However, if that is the case, I doubt I will be able to make it. Either way, I will post more info once I find out from my buddy.

Lee
    97' M Ed
    05' LO MSM

When you say weekend for 200-250 I'm assumming that its a 2 day right?

Driver

COMMA HST is $95/day.

COMMA 2010 SEASON

March 27-28 CCW
    April 24-25 CW
    May 22-23 CCW
    June 26-27 CCW
    July 24-25 CW
    August 21-22 CCW (2Xpts)
    September 25-26 CW
    October 30-31 CCW
    You have to buy a membership/license ($50/year, $25 "temporary"), but if you're going to go there enough it pays for itself.

Oil Changer

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    COMMA HST is $95/day.You have to buy a membership/license ($50/year, $25 "temporary"), but if you're going to go there enough it pays for itself.
    We (www.MVPTrackTime.com) ran at Hallett in 2008, unaware of the COMMA days. OUCH!

Feff

Ok here is the final details. I went ahead and copied what Drew said :

Okay, I miss Hallett in a bad way. The most economical way to go would be a HST day if you go multiple times ($100 one time fee + $100 each day).

However, if we rent it on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, it is $1105 + $100 for each car after 5 total. At 10 people, it is $160.50/person. 12 = $150.42. 20 = $130.25. This will also give us the track completely to ourselves and more run time than you and your car will be able to handle by a good margin. So no worrying about having people get in your way, etc.

I am willing to go through the effort to set this up if I can get 10 people total to do it as well on a Tues-Thurs, but the more the merrier. I know that will mean taking off of work for a day, but I don't care.

April is very lacking in race stuff on the Auto-X calendar, so I am thinking mid-April as the date. I am asking here first as I like being around you all the most. If I don't get 10+ here, I will look elsewhere as well.

List of for sures:
    Drew Gray
    Frank Likert
    Kyle Harmon
    Milton Beaver
    Scotty Heaslet
    John Sketoe
    Michael Buskirk
    Ryan Simonson
    Iain Cameron

Highly Likely:
    Terence Cox

Maybe:
    the Oxners

Forgot to mention, the day they decided will be April 21st, 2010 which will be a Wednesday. Looks like I will be out since I will be taking vacation first week of April. If anyone is interested, I will be more than glad to post the contact number of Drew.

Where did you copy the above from? I'd like to follow the original thread if possible. I'm likely to go for this if I skip the TMC at TWS. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feffman View Post
    We (www.MVPTrackTime.com) ran at Hallett in 2008, unaware of the COMMA days. OUCH!

Feff
    I`ve posted often about Hallett`s HST & COMMA events. SNKSKNR & I go almost every month & race in their COMMA events & usually get people to join us cor HST.!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

The thread is copied from a private forum. If you are interested I can give you the contact number of the person who is organizing this. Let me know.

Been a while since my update but the track day has been officially book for April 21st(Wed). Here is the final details : Looks like there will be a bunch of EVOs at the track. If anyone is interested in going, please PM me and we can drive to Hallett on Wednesday morning.

Contract has been signed and the deposit paid, so this is full go.

What/Where:
    Private Track rental at Hallet Motor Racing Circuit

Hallett is just to the west of Tulsa, OK

When:
    Wednesday, April 21st

Gates open: 7:00 AM

Mandatory Driver's Meeting: 8:30 AM

First Car off : 9:00 AM

Finish: 5:00 PM

How Much $:
    $150 per spot

I am cutting this off at 30 cars, but whether there is 5 or 30 people signed up, its on. (Lets get more than 5 please... hahaha)

There will be 5 cars per group and we will be running 15minute sessions. The group run orders will be finalized when all are signed up and will be posted in a different thread discussing that part.

This is my first time organizing anything like this, and I am trying to make it as smooth as possible. I promise I am not trying to make money off this. I just enjoy private track days with good friends. If you have any questions/comments please PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] .

How to Pay:
    Easiest way to pay is handing me cash/check/MO. If you want to mail me a check/money order, you may do so. Send them to:

David Gray Jr.
    23025 N. Sardis Rd.
    Mabelvale, AR 72103

Or you can send me the money through Paypal @ my email address. IF you choose the paypal route, know that they assess a fee ( i think 3%), and so you will need to send $154.64.

If you are planning to attend/send money, please post in this thread with this format:
    NAME - Car you plan to run - e-mail address
    i.e. Drew Gray - Evo X - [email protected]

If you are a novice, please let me know, so that I can put you with other novices. If you have raced before, please let me know your experience, and if you know how quick your car is at Hallett that is good information for me as well. If I have a reason to believe that you will be an asshat, I will reject your payment and send it back to you.

Also, If you post in here, I will hold you a spot until March 21st. At which time, if I have not received your money, your spot is back open. I will be at the AR auto-x in LR on March 7th should you want to hand me money then. I doubt the car will be ready to race by then, but I'll be standing around somewhere I'm sure. If something comes up and you can not make the rental, it will be handled on a case by case basis, but it will take a pretty damn good reason for me to refund the money. If it rains, we still race.

Thanks and I hope to see you all out there.

Attendees:

1. Drew Gray - Evo X - [email protected] - PAID
    2. Frank Likert - 2002 Z06 - [email protected] - PAID
    3. Julius Miller - (To be decided at a later date) - [email protected] - PAID
    4. Bobby Jasan - RX-7 LS1 - [email protected]
    5. Kyle Harmon - Evo X - [email protected]
    6. Ryan Simonson - Mustang SVO - [email protected]
    7. Ed Malle - 5.0 Mustang - [email protected] - PAID
    8. Brandon Parker - mini - [email protected]
    9. Terence Cox - Evo VIII - [email protected]
    10. Chris Edens - 2008 MX5 - [email protected]
    11. Mike Buskirk - Evo VIII - [email protected] - PAID
    12. Danny Bokamper - 350 V8 260Z Datsun - [email protected]
    13. Scotty Heaslet - 06 mustang - [email protected] - PAID
    14. Luke Oxner - Boxster S - [email protected]
    15. Iain Cameron - Saabaru - PAID
    16. Meo Lee - 1997 Miata - [email protected]
    17. Bryan Reidy - Porsche 944 Turbo Race - [email protected]
    18. Dustin McManis - Honda S2000 - [email protected]
    19. Jason Logue - Evo VIII
    20. Brad Nelson - Mustang GT - [email protected]
    21. John Sketoe - Camaro
    Alternates:

Thanks for the update on this. You may want to get those email addys off of there before spam bots pick them up.