Thread: Miata Gauge

Default Miata Gauge

Hi all,

So I, the new and inexperienced Miata owner, thought it would be a good idea to remove the hood that covers the gauge cluster on my '94 Miata. I'm sure all of you already know the outcome of this. Each of the tabs with clips on them snapped off and the anchor points for the two screws underneath shattered instantly. Gotta love that.

Has anyone found a place to get a cheap replacement part? I've checked out miatamania.com and it looks like it's around $120 there. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

Im a cheapass so I epoxy'd two washers in place of the bottom screw holes, then used Automotive Goop to glue the back of it down. I used Goop exclusively as the tabs were broken when I bought the car 5 years ago, it held for about 2 years when the Texas heat did the glue in. I just added another dab of glue and it held fine. This time I added the washers, it should hold it in even better.

Buying a new one would be the best way, but personally I can think of a dozen things on the car i'd rather spend $120 on.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution