Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSC BMWCCA AX #1 - Mar 13, 2010

Default LSC BMWCCA AX #1 - Mar 13, 2010

LSC BMWCCA AX #1 - Mar 13, 2010

Registration is now open for the 2010 LSC BMWCCA AX #1 Saturday March 13th.

This is our first competitive event of the 2010 season at a new location!

Even if you've never tried autocross before, come on out at give it a try. Instructors are provided. Or, ask for a ride with an instructor to see if you might enjoy it. Rides with an instructor and admission are free!

More information can be found on the LSC BMWCCA website http://www.lscbmwcca.org/autocross-schedule.html, and if you want to drive in the event you must register. Cost is $30 for BMWCCA members, but non-members can register for $40 which allows you to try it out one time.

Event information and Directions

Course map

**** Register Online at dlbracing.com ****

Registration for 2010 events will be 100% online. We will not accept payment on site! Online registration is available until 11PM the Thursday before each event and opens three Mondays prior to the event.

2200 North Belt Line Road
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050-9635
    http://tinyurl.com/yb2a79d

Tech Inspection
    All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site.
    Tech Inspection begins at 8am and will close at 9am.
    Mandatory Driver's meeting at 9am.
    First car will start around 9:30am.

Rides in instructor vehicles are free. A helmet must be worn. There are loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet. (Helmets must be rated M-2000 or SA-2000 or newer)

Future 2010 Autocross Events
    1 03/13/10 Lone Star Park
    2 04/24/10 Mineral Wells
    3 05/08/10 TMS Bus Lot
    4 06/26/10 TMS Bus Lot
    5 07/17/10 Mineral Wells
    6 08/07/10 TMS Bus Lot
    Night 09/25/10 Mineral Wells (Night Autocross)
    7 09/26/10 Mineral Wells
    10/23/10 TMS Bus Lot (Street Survival)
    8 10/24/10 TMS Bus Lot
    9 TBD TBD
    Last edited by ken o; 02-23-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    M3 is always the answer.

Driver

you're gonna use the same course as NTAXS?

fixed
    Last edited by ken o; 02-23-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    M3 is always the answer.

In.

I should be there. :)

Just signed up. See you guys there.

When you arrive at the event, you will notice that the paddock area is on an incline. In order to make it easier for those that change tires, I suggest that everyone park parallel to the incline (facing north/south), which is perpendicular to the parking spaces. This way, cars are not facing up/down hill. Also, if you are a tire changer, there is a strip of cement along the far right side of the course map that is pretty level. Bring a wheel chock of some kind if you are changing tires.

I'm in. I need to teach that damn pavement a lesson, after it spun me so mercilessly last weekend. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I may go. I need to learn how to drive on street tires.

I think we need to make sure the paddock is a little farther away from the course. It was a little close at the S2K event.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I'm in. I need to teach that damn pavement a lesson, after it spun me so mercilessly last weekend. :)
    What was up with all the FWD cars spinning out a bunch? (Silver Sentra, Orange Eclipse etc)
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

People are not always used to keeping your foot pinned to stop the slide, as it goes against your first instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    People are not always used to keeping your foot pinned to stop the slide, as it goes against your first instinct.
    I knew that but those cars should be biased to just plow into a turn not rotate and spin.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

True, I know Scott in the eclipse is running a weird staggered set up with new star specs in the front and old re01s on the rear. So that may have been the cause of his issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    True, I know Scott in the eclipse is running a weird staggered set up with new star specs in the front and old re01s on the rear. So that may have been the cause of his issue.
    He's been listening to me...

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    What was up with all the FWD cars spinning out a bunch? (Silver Sentra, Orange Eclipse etc)
    For me, the marbles and the undulations presented weight-shift issues that I hadn't dealt with before, at least not to that degree. When you are used to a car that tends more towards understeer than oversteer, you can easily forget to consider that sudden shift as a spin risk.

Polished Turd Racing

Like the eclipse, my Yaris is no longer understeer-biased with the combination of RSB, coilover damping, spring rates and tire pressures. In some situations its pretty neutral, but the conditions at Lone Star had me overdriving a bit. My only actual spin was on turn #3, when I carried way too much speed and hit the marbles, but I came close a few other times.
    Polished Turd Racing

yeah, I had to turn my dampening way down to keep the car from being to snappy, but I actually think with the softer setup the car is faster. Only more time/testing will tell with that one though.

I am getting excited about this. As much as I liked driving Altiain's car last week, I really look forward to driving mine again.

I think we are gonna come out and actually try to do some testing.....in the dry this time!
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

registered, I will see everyone there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast