Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***CANCELED*** NTAXS Winter Autocross #2, 2/21/2010, Pennington Field ***CANCELED***

Exclamation ***CANCELED*** NTAXS Winter Autocross #2, 2/21/2010, Pennington Field ***CANCELED***

The North Texas Autocross Series (NTAXS), presented by the North Texas S2000 Owners Club (NTS2KOC), is hosting our second of two events in our Winter Autocross Series on Sunday, February 21st, 2010 at Pennington Field. Pennington Field is located in Bedford, the heart of the Metroplex, on the southwest corner of Central Drive and State Highway 183. The entry fee is $30 per person and you must pre-register at http://www.dlbracing.com starting Friday, February 5th. There is no on-site registration -- this will be strictly enforced. The event is limited to 60 drivers, so sign up early. Please join us for a great day of racing and fun.

The event will be cancelled if any of the following occur:

- Less than 34 people have signed up by 9 AM CST on Thursday, February 18th.
    - At 9 AM CST on Thursday, February 18th, there is more than a 30% chance of rain forecasted for the event day. The allowable chance of rain can increase based on higher than expected temperatures.
    - At 9 AM CST on Thursday, February 18th, the forecasted high temperature is less and 45 degrees Fahrenheit for the event day.

You get eight runs at NTAXS events, so you will make four runs in the AM session and four runs in the PM session. For this event, we are going to use different courses for the AM and PM runs. Both courses will run in the same direction and use the same general path, but we will make changes that affect how you will approach and handle major elements and your direction through slaloms. The courses will be changed during the lunch break and participants will be told at the commencement of the lunch break when the course will be reopened for walking. We will also announce when the course will be closed for walking in order for us to begin the second half of the event. The course will be open to walk for at least 30 minutes. Your event performance will be based on a sum of your best time from the morning runs and you best time from the afternoon runs.

8 AM – 9 AM Check-in, Registration, and mandatory Tech Inspection
    (You must arrive in time to have check in and pass tech inspection prior to 9 AM)
    8:15 AM – 9:30 AM Course open for walking
    9:15 AM Novice Meeting (mandatory if new to NTAXS events)
    9:30 AM Drivers Meeting (mandatory for all)
    9:45 AM First car out
    (Lunch and course-walk break between morning and afternoon heats totaling approximately one hour.)

Car Classing is based on engine size:
    - Class 1/1R is for engines under 2.3 liters, except Honda S2000 and Lotus
    Elise/Exige.
    - Class 2/2R is for engines over 2.2 liters, but under 4.0 liters, plus Honda S2000.
    - Class 3/3R is for engines over 3.9 liters, plus Lotus Elise/Exige.
    - Class S2000 is only for Honda S2000 on street tires.

Rotary engine multiplies displacement by 2.0. Usage of forced induction multiplies displacement by 1.5. (This is in addition to the rotary multiplier, if applicable.) Tires with a wear rating under 140 must use the R class.

View the rules and additional information at http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox.shtml.

Contact me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com for more information.

in
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Registered

AM course:

PM course:

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

In. Bring on the 70 degrees and sunshine!

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    AM course:

PM course:

Aloha, Mr. Slalom!

Figure 8's of doom. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post
    Figure 8's of doom. Yay!
    I prefer Criss-Cross-Crash!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa0...199_shortfilms

Driver

Dang it. Out of town for this one. I can't believe I missed both of them.

In.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Default Let's all register

ok guys (and gals) 24 participants registered, time to call your friends and get them to sign up!!!!

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

So far, according to the forecast, the event is still planned. We just need five more people registered and the forecast to stay the same or better.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

We need 3 more people to sign-up! 61 degrees and party cloudy is the forecast.

33 registered.....

34 now.... 2 to go.....
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

The forecast is pretty varied between sources (59-69 degrees and 10-40% chance of rain). Since we have had plenty of people sign up and the weather will really be a crap-shoot, then I am going to roll the dice and have the event. So, consider it a go.

Also, I am looking for one more person to help with course setup. You must be ready to work at 7 AM -- not drive up at 7 and spend 30 minutes preparing your car. Also note that you will be working until 8 or 8:15. We will also spend the first half of lunch re-configuring the course, so you might want to brown-bag it. The good part is that you will not have another work assignment for the day. If you are interested, then please email me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com.

rain rain go away

I am on XS's

what can I say?

ok i will keep my day job.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Also, I am looking for one more person to help with course setup. You must be ready to work at 7 AM -- not drive up at 7 and spend 30 minutes preparing your car. Also note that you will be working until 8 or 8:15. We will also spend the first half of lunch re-configuring the course, so you might want to brown-bag it. The good part is that you will not have another work assignment for the day. If you are interested, then please email me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com.
    Job filled.

The chance of rain has now jumped to 70%, so I am officially cancelling the event and all monies will be refunded. If this were a normal event, then the cancellation would not occur, but the Winter Series events have special exceptions. Sorry folks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast