Thread: CAS Install Question

Default CAS Install Question

I put in a new CAS seal and I cant get the sensor housing to close all the way next to the valve cover. I tightened the bolt but there is still about a 1/32 gap between the sensor and the cover. It starts and drives fine. Is this OK or did I screw something up?

NA1 or NA2. They are in different places....However, if your question is not answered tonight I will be able to tell you after we pull a 1.6 and install the 1.8......till then wish ya luck with your search for answers!

When it's installed it should look like this:

Not like this:

Yes I know. This is what I used to do it with. The install seemed fine all except I still have a slight gap between the sensor housing and the valve cover.

the new seal is of course not compresed like your old one- we just loosen those back 2 bolts a few turns, and it slips right in (the ones that are holding that cap down). just make sure to tighten it back down. you don't have to worry about those 2 binding the cam since the cam doesn't go back into that journal. you will have to loosen the valve cover to make this traick work, but you don't have to take it all the way off

enjoy!

Chris
    [email protected]
    "if it can be done cheap, we can do it. if you want it done right, we'd rather do that."

I got it in. I had to wait until the car cooled down. I tried to install it with the engine still warm and it would not go all the way in and seat. I fixed it this morning. Thanks guys. Gosh I love this forum