Thread: SCCA Solo event #1 is CANCELLED due to weather!

Exclamation SCCA Solo event #1 is CANCELLED due to weather!

SCCA Solo event #1 is CANCELLED due to weather!

As of 4:58 am this morning, the weather doesn't seem to be getting any better.

The track of the storm hasn't moved to the east as some of the forecasts had predicted.

Additional snow fall is being shown for most of the Metroplex.

This event will have to be made up at a later date at a site to be determined later.

Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Asst RE - Solo
    Last edited by autoxmax; 03-21-2010 at 04:34 AM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Brad, what about the "spare tire" contest? Will the weigh in default to the next event or what?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Brad, what about the "spare tire" contest? Will the weigh in default to the next event or what?
    The goal was to lose the spare tire, not grow one.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

The Ditch the Spare Tire Contest weigh in will take place at the first event where we actually drive. You've got some bonus time to hit the gym or try a new diet!

By the way - calling the event off was absolutely the right thing to do today. Every bridge on 121 had cars stopped with rounded corners from contact with immovable objects. Even saw one on it's roof. Not that any of our folks would be doing bone-headed things on the road, but you never know when you get caught up in someone else's shenanigans. Luckily we only had a handful of folks show up to PF before they got the word.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    The goal was to lose the spare tire, not grow one.

Mike, according to my scale, I'm down about 27 pounds from where I was on New Year's. That's why I wanted to know when we'd get a chance to weigh in.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Mike, according to my scale, I'm down about 27 pounds from where I was on New Year's. That's why I wanted to know when we'd get a chance to weigh in.
    Nice Job Iain! I sure wish I had gotten off my butt and gone to the last weight-in. I guess hindsight is truly 20-20.

Thanks Todd, but I hear you've got me beat by a lot! Congrats to you as well!

I reset my target weight from 180 (I'm at 188 right now, down from 215) to 170. I know my progress will slow down a bit when the baby comes, but I actually look forward to getting on the treadmill these days. It gives me an outlet for life's daily frustrations.
    Iain

Thanks Todd, but I hear you've got me beat by a lot! Congrats to you as well!

I reset my target weight from 180 (I'm at 188 right now, down from 215) to 170. I know my progress will slow down a bit when the baby comes, but I actually look forward to getting on the treadmill these days. It gives me an outlet for life's daily frustrations.
    Thanks... I had started off much worse than you and still have a ways to go, but it is coming along. Started at 241 in Mid September, at 188 as of this morning, and hope to get under 170 some time this summer.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

This morning when I read the cancellation, I thought, "They wimped out." Then I walked outside around 8:30 and thought the same thing. Around 9:00 I walked across the parking lot to church and almost froze to death in the wind. I was dressed more warmly than I would have been at Pennington, but there was no stopping the wind. As I stood outside performing my greeter duties I thought, "Brad is a genius!" and I was out of the wind.

I just read the following note from the Arlington PD (crime watch email list)

Arlington police responded to a multiple vehicle wreck on the westbound lanes of Interstate 30 at Fielder Road at about 6:30 a.m. Sunday, March 21, 2010. Early into the investigation officers learned that one person died in the wreck involving two 18-wheelers and as many as five vehicles. The westbound lanes of the highway remain shut down and some lanes of eastbound Interstate 30 have also been closed, as investigators begin to determine the circumstances surrounding the major accident. Road conditions, possibly ice, are believed to have been a factor in the fatal wreck.
    I am very glad I didn't have to stand around in a parking lot today, and I think we would have lost every novice who attended the school yesterday if we'd had an event in this mess. Doing the school before the next event is a good plan all the way around, and I hope it works out that way.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I had today off, so I slept in. I woke up at 10 this morning and threw on shoes and a t-shirt because the dog was desperate to go out and pee.

I hadn't looked out a window....

Walked outside... brain registered snow right about the time the wind hit me and certain parts of my anatomy retreated into my body cavity.

I hate the cold. humbug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    I am very glad I didn't have to stand around in a parking lot today
    +1