Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** CANCELED *** 2010 SCCA SOWDIV #1 May 15/16 Baton Rouge, La Hosted by Cenla SCCA

Wish we could make it. Daughter is graduating from KU that weekend.

Cenla Region is sorry to inform everybody that the event has been canceled. The lack of participation and potential lose of funds for the CENLA region is a reality. Although we could potentially get a few more folks to show up, the competition we were all looking forward to would be sparse.

In any case, reality is what it is and we are sorry to see this happen.

We apologize for any temporary inconvenience this may cause and we will inform you shortly of the refund process.

One of the options that we are looking at is moving your registrations to the next pending Divisional, if that is something you may be interested in. Again, stay tuned for more on this...

Thanks
    Cenla MGMT

Thanks for trying, Kerry. We appreciated it. We can try again next year.

Oh man...

ForSale

Just my 2 cents here....

It's hard to plan these events & try to guess attendance.

Kerry & the crew in Baton Rouge had a knock-out event planned for eveyone but they had to cancel because it came time to sign contracts with the site management & there just wasn't enough entries to support the cost of the event. They had no choice but to make sure they didn't go into the Red on the event.

Bottom line - If you plan on attending these type of events whether it be a Tour, Div or even a local event, SIGN-UP ASAP!! If people wait to long to register, the next thing you know the event is cancelled! Site rentals, insurance (& Sanction Fees if it's SCCA) are putting a real squeeze on organizers/events! Everything has gone up in the last year. Some Clubs can't just do the events with hopes & promises of registration.

Remember back to about 4-5 years ago, ER was going to host an SCCA Pro Solo event in Mineral Wells but it was cancelled due to slow/low registrations.

Soloist are regristration procrastinators but it kills the events!

Keep this in mind when registration opens for the Houston/A&M & Texas Region Divisional!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    Just my 2 cents here....

It's hard to plan these events & try to guess attendance.

Kerry & the crew in Baton Rouge had a knock-out event planned for eveyone but they had to cancel because it came time to sign contracts with the site management & there just wasn't enough entries to support the cost of the event. They had no choice but to make sure they didn't go into the Red on the event.

Bottom line - If you plan on attending these type of events whether it be a Tour, Div or even a local event, SIGN-UP ASAP!! If people wait to long to register, the next thing you know the event is cancelled! Site rentals, insurance (& Sanction Fees if it's SCCA) are putting a real squeeze on organizers/events! Everything has gone up in the last year. Some Clubs can't just do the events with hopes & promises of registration.

Remember back to about 4-5 years ago, ER was going to host an SCCA Pro Solo event in Mineral Wells but it was cancelled due to slow/low registrations.

Soloist are regristration procrastinators but it kills the events!

Keep this in mind when registration opens for the Houston/A&M & Texas Region Divisional!
    Well put Brad, THANKS!!!

Registration is actually open for the other two events.. I for one have signed up for the one I can make it to...

-Kerry
    Last edited by kcoughlin; 04-29-2010 at 06:19 PM.

if i wasn't committed to other plans that weekend I'd have gone. The last one I went to there kicked ass :) Even with Carver being there LOL
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12