Thread: Headlight problem

Default Headlight problem

As I mentioned before I have a car that has been in a front end collision.
    The guy did an awesome job fixing it from what I can tell, however the pass. side headlight points to the right making it very hard to see at night does anyone know how to fix this?

I will put up a pic displaying the problem so you guys can see it tomorrow.
    its a 1999 so it doesn't have the flip up lights.

If I cant get this fixed would someone be willing to show me how to put some running lights in the bottom air dam on the front end so I can see at night?

Thanks.
    99 Miata Black

sorry no pic yet wife took the car, today and tomorrow.
    Nobody has any suggestions or would volunteer to show me how to instal some driving lights? (pout)
    99 Miata Black

Really there are only up and down adjustments on the 99s. You can slightly alter the left right aim, by leaning on the headlight a little and tightening the bolts down. THere are two, both on top.

ok Thanks.
    I am going to posta pic tonight I think I may need a whole new thing or two though maybe some riggin but I gotta try and fix this before I get into a wreck.

or get lights in the air dam and point them up some, you think that would work?,... probably look stupid as hell but safety first
    99 Miata Black

Fog or driving lights arent really going to help. Driving lights maybe, but unless they are aimed perfect you will be blinding other drivers, and then it doesnt make a difference if you can see because you will be shot. Fog lights disperse the light and dont really help except in you guessed it fog. I would recommend having the headlights replaced or fixed. Maybe they werent installed correctly.

Chassis Designer

i'll vouch for the fog lights not being extremely effective for lighting purposes, but they sure look cool, i'll see if i can find a pic (or take one) to post for ya
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

There is like a gap between where the head light assembly fits and the chrome reflector around it I am sure it has something to do with the front end collision but I am hoping it can be fixed its really hard to see I may have to just point the running lights up a l;ittle so as not to blind other drivers that would give me a little more down the road view. it still would be the safe way to go, I guess I am just wondering if anyone has had this problem before and has any experience fixing it bt rigging something up?
    99 Miata Black

May I introduce you to the grip it and rip it method of repair....

Just bend the Fugger.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

LOL ok I'll try anything
    99 Miata Black

Just remember... "If it's stuck... force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

tried a little packing tape maybe that will work some til I can fix it right but cant tell til it gets dark. just bent up the bulb asemb. til I can do better.
    99 Miata Black

So are you saying the headlight assembly is broken where the bulb mounts?

nope the whole heahlight assembly looks like its off kilter.
    its like a rubber type boot thingy with the wiring going into the back it that I bent to bring up the beam a bit.
    99 Miata Black