Thread: Birel Racing kart with 125CC Rotax (like a mini F1 car)

Default Birel Racing kart with 125CC Rotax (like a mini F1 car)

I'm getting my Miata put back together again and then moving back to California. I won't be anywhere near a track but I will be right off of Hiway 1 so I'll have my own strip of fun for the Miata. It's time to sell my Kart. I bought this racing kart three years ago for $3500 from a former Lotus race car driver in Phoenix and had it shipped to me here in Frisco. He used it for fun after he retired and went back into racing full size cars and sold this. I thought I wanted to race but frankly it's just too fast and I just don't have the guts to compete with these guys. The engine is a sealed Rotax 125CC water cooled, electric start two stroke engine. It is quiet enough that I can start it in my garage without upsetting my family or neighbors unlike the Yamaha class which is slower and very noisy and requires rebuilds frequently. The Rotax is very powerful with two power bands and a power valve that comes on around 50 MPH which is like a turbo boost and really gets your attention fast. It has been sitting in my garage gathering dust for the past 2 years. I put less than 5 hours on it in the year I took it to the track. It's an absolute blast to drive fast in a large parking lot or a track. I purchased a new battery last month for it in anticipation of selling it in the Spring. It's Spring so it's being listed. I have a set of new tires, it comes with a Mychron race computer and beacon along with chains, gears, new plugs and a variety of lubricants and misc gear for it. The seat is carbon fiber (very expensive) and will fit a driver from 185 to 225 Lbs. I have a smaller seat I will throw in if you are a smaller driver. The stand has large wheels and allows it to be easily maneuvered by one person in a garage or at the track. For a serious buyer I'll be happy to fuel it up, start it up and show it off but no test drives (liability issues). It starts up great and has been jetted for our altitude and spring/summer climate (but also comes with alternative jets for differing weather and altitude). If you know about racing karts, you know this is not a toy and will pull 3G's on a corner requiring rib protection and run 30 to 80 faster than a Porsche 911. I'll throw in a rib vest if the size is right. If you are new to racing you can get a membership at the very nice track in Denton via www.ntkarters.com. The Rotax class is the most popular and competitive class of racing in Texas. By joining you will also have access to some really great guys that are not only full or mechanical tips, they also are really impressive racers and just a great group of people. Ask me any questions and I'll do my best to answer, email me at [email protected]. Pics are here on Craigslist:
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/rvs/1666238910.html

that sounds like a good price the the ad looks like ass...could you use some hyphens and make it more of a list?

I used to have a shifter and having a list format makes it MUCH easier to read.

These are not competitive in F125 for autocross BUT they are much easier to drive than a shifter and nearly as much fun IMO. I LOVED the rotax 125 I drove a few times. VERY rewarding to drive and feels even lighter on it's feet than the shifter kart. :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Sorry for the brain dump on Craigslist. I was trying to avoid the usual CL junk emails and such. Yes, these karts are awesome, great fun, low maintenance and inexpensive to run (pump gas 93) and maintain.

they also run great on MS93 (which I sell) lol

but ya all the fun of the shifter with half the thinking. I was so much smoother in the rotax :) TONS of fun :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Damn, not having a job is killing me!! I have so wanted to buy one of these. I am a freaking kid!!!!! Oh well, maybe next time!!!

The absolute best part of this sport is that you can go out to the track or parking lot, drive it too fast into a corner and the worst thing will probably be that you spin it out and end up backwards. Driving too hard into a corner in my Miata or Audi and spinning out into a tree, pole, ditch, oncoming traffic etc has far more severe repercussions. I like to go fast but I also like to go home at the end of the day alive and intact.

***************sold******************