Thread: Ah Jury Duty

Default Ah Jury Duty

Had a pleasant day of sittting in the Denton County Courthouse yesterday reading a book. Second time I have been in a Felony Jury pool only to have them plea out before going through the selection process.

One of these days I may actually get to sit on a Jury. I know most people don't like it but I think it would be interesting.

I sat on one 2 years ago in Collin county. Between selection and trial it took about 3 days total. Guy ended up with 5 years in jail.
    If you're addicted to cold turkey how do you stop?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

I got to serve for 2-1/2 weeks on a Child Molestation case. That was not interesting it was awful. Be careful of what you wish for......

We gave him 99 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Had a pleasant day of sittting in the Denton County Courthouse yesterday reading a book. Second time I have been in a Felony Jury pool only to have them plea out before going through the selection process.

One of these days I may actually get to sit on a Jury. I know most people don't like it but I think it would be interesting.
    Isn't the Denton County courthouse a dive? I have spent a day there, and a day at the Collin County courthouse, and Collin County is like the Hilton to Denton's motel 6.

I have yet to be seated in Texas, but sat on 2 jury's in California. The first was cool, in a small town court house where the judge had married several friends of mine. The defendant was up on seven counts including driving without headlights, DWI, driving without a license, possession of controlled substance, concealed weapon, resisting arrest, and assaulting an officer. We convicted on 3 charges and threw out the rest. Both attorneys were pissed at us, so we knew we had done a good job. The second was really annoying as the judge called a mistrial on day 3 when the rookie cop said something stupid on the stand.

I actually find it interesting to sit on a jury... I've been on 2 juries here in Collin County... both were DUI's. What I find interesting is that in both cases, it wasn't even close. I still wonder why they went to the trouble of a trial and didn't work a plea deal. But hey... it's their right to have a trial by jury.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Actually the Denton County Courthouse is rather nice. My only problem was 55 of us sitting outside of the courtroom waiting when there was only about 10 seats available. The rest of us were sitting against the wall up and down the hallway.

I have fond memories of the Denton County Courthouse too. Got my tapeworm removed 02/13/04.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    I have fond memories of the Denton County Courthouse too. Got my tapeworm removed 02/13/04.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride