Thread: Another turbo LE

Default Another turbo LE

He's a member here, I met him out at MSR years ago. Not sure if the dad or the son are selling the car. It's been a garage queen for sure. I know it had close to this mileage when I saw it years ago.

http://www.miata.net/cgi-bin/isc/cla...revaction=show
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

...and it's right by my mom's house, too, apparently. Reads like a darn nice ride!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Chassis Designer

Wow, I know mods don't usually help appreciate a car but nice buy for the next owner.
    '95R

If that's the one I'm thinking of, I remember it from the Cinco de Mayo Dyno Day III back in, what, 1997? FM III is rare to begin with, combined with 93LE and stainless HardDog, it's gotta be the same one.

How on earth do people expect to sell a car - especially a highly modified one - without pictures? Is it really that hard to take a couple of pictures to document the item you're trying to sell?

When I see a car ad without pictures, it says one of two things to me - the owner is either lazy or trying to hide something. Neither of these are qualities that would encourage me to part with several thousand dollars to purchase a highly modified vehicle.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Iain, there's a visit website tab in the ad. But here you go: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/404077/1
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Iain, there's a visit website tab in the ad. But here you go: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/404077/1
    Last updated: Aug 26, 2003.... At least it is current!

I knew the pics were old, but they are pics and it hasn't been daily driven so condition should be about the same.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Thanks Sharpie, I missed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    Thanks Sharpie, I missed that too.
    Was that you I saw on Hobson the other day?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

eh, Wednesday around 4:53 pm? You caught me off guard with the wave. I never see that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    eh, Wednesday around 4:53 pm? You caught me off guard with the wave. I never see that anymore.
    I think it was 4:52 I saw you get your hand up there.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by cwisenheimer View Post
    If that's the one I'm thinking of, I remember it from the Cinco de Mayo Dyno Day III back in, what, 1997? FM III is rare to begin with, combined with 93LE and stainless HardDog, it's gotta be the same one.
    There is a reason they are rare. When I had mine I called Corky Bell to get a replacement part and he must have apologized three times for making that kit. In the end the only way to fix it was to replace the manifold with a new style one. Just my
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    There is a reason they are rare. When I had mine I called Corky Bell to get a replacement part and he must have apologized three times for making that kit. In the end the only way to fix it was to replace the manifold with a new style one. Just my
    Yes, rarity isn't always a good sign. I remember when I was a kid, the Guiness World Record rarest production car was a 1 of 1 Mercury. What made it rare was a set of undesirable options all put together. No wonder.

Personally, I'm a sucker for the Sunbursts and Vivids but I'm quite clear on the concept that my tastes aren't universal and that's one reason my car is 1 of 239 (way less as optioned).

This was actually my car for several years. I sent it back to my father as I have since relocated to Colorado.

I have no interest in the sale, but will say this: The car is flippin bad @ss to drive. I just didn't have the time to drive it much. Was never a daily driver (Sharpie, you have a good memory). I hated not driving the car more and took every precaution to ensure when it was driven, there would be no problems. Except for the BBS's, my father still has most (if not all) of the original LE bits and pieces. There are NO issues with the FMIII/engine either. The car was originally built right IMHO.

And I agree, he should put up recent photos w/ interior pics! However, nothing has changed visually.

Jeff McCown

Did you buy the car from Ryan?

I use to live a block down the street from the original owner of the car. He took great care of it. I remember I use to want his car so bad. At the time a had a red 92 custom greddy turbo with an FM Link

Quote Originally Posted by pitlab77 View Post
    Did you buy the car from Ryan?

I use to live a block down the street from the original owner of the car. He took great care of it. I remember I use to want his car so bad. At the time a had a red 92 custom greddy turbo with an FM Link
    Probably the same car as there aren't any quite like it.

Car has been sold... New owner drove it from Houston to Chicago without a hitch averaging 80mph w/ AC running....

Now I've got to find another 94 to autocross... Thought I wanted a muscle car, but just can't turn away from Miatas..