Thread: WTB: NB Miata $4k-$5k Range

Default WTB: NB Miata $4k-$5k Range

Hey all,

I'm looking to get a Miata as a track car and daily driver. My 06 s2k is being set aside as my daily/weekend car as I don't want to roll it at the track. I am hoping to find either a $4k-$5k stock NB Miata or a lightly modded one for the right price. Would like for it to have the Torsen LSD and a Clean History. If you have one for sale or know of someone who has one for sale, post it up! Thanks.

Same here, but I'll even take an NA miata lol. Is there a thread somewhere with stuff to be weary of (or awesome stuff) when looking for miatas? I was reading something about thrust bearings on the 99-00 models? Sorry if you think I'm thread jacking or something. Just didn't want to make almost the same thread immediately after you.

I've seen that one before but it looks like it's been in a wreck. Rear driver's side of the bumper is way off. Shift knob is also out of wack and it has a plastic rear window.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by J8635621 View Post
    Same here, but I'll even take an NA miata lol. Is there a thread somewhere with stuff to be weary of (or awesome stuff) when looking for miatas? I was reading something about thrust bearings on the 99-00 models? Sorry if you think I'm thread jacking or something. Just didn't want to make almost the same thread immediately after you.
    http://www.miata.net/faq/usedmx5.html

Quote Originally Posted by RavynX View Post
    I've seen that one before but it looks like it's been in a wreck. Rear driver's side of the bumper is way off. Shift knob is also out of wack and it has a plastic rear window.
    Going to be tough finding a 'nice' NB for $4K. Why not look at NA's?

YES! I was hoping there was something like that out there. I really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    http://www.miata.net/faq/usedmx5.html

Going to be tough finding a 'nice' NB for $4K. Why not look at NA's?
    Thanks for the buyer's FAQ. I guess not looking for a NA is more of a personal choice. Never been a big fan of the NA look. I don't mind the high mileage non-wrecked NB's and have found a couple in the $4k-$5k range but they either don't have the Torsen LSD or I can't get a hold of the owner/dealer.

To: [email protected]
    Subject: A question about 2000 Mazda Miata-MX-5
    Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:07:06 -0400

Question :
    Has this car ever been in an accident? The rear bumper doesn't seem to quite line up with the fender on the driver's side.
    VIN : 3M1NB353XY0143389
    http://www.unicoautomotive.com/10723...iata-MX-5.html

it is a used car priced thousands below others on line if you are looking for a new car i have some here but this is a used car for 3500 dollars it is not perfect but you couldnt find another 2000 miata for this price
    Thanks
    David
    817-480-****

LOL I guess that's a Hell yes.

I'd like to get the LSD as well. Is there any thing I can look for that will say it has the LSD, like a different option that usually comes with it or vin number? Nearly everyone I've ever contacted has thought I was talking about drugs lol.

I'd like to get the LSD as well. Is there any thing I can look for that will say it has the LSD, like a different option that usually comes with it or vin number? Nearly everyone I've ever contacted has thought I was talking about drugs lol.
    You have to call the Parts Department at a Mazda dealer and give them the last 8 digits of the VIN in order to determine what options the car has. You can also try and guess depending on what trim levels have been included on the Miata. If there's an online database I would definitely like to know in case I find one when the parts department is closed.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'd like to get the LSD as well. Is there any thing I can look for that will say it has the LSD, like a different option that usually comes with it or vin number?
    You can usually tell by what option packages are on the car. Leather interior is a big tip-off on the NB's.

Tons of info like that is here - http://www.miata.net/faq/

Thanks for the help. I'm sure these are the noobiest questions ever, but I'm really trying.

What about this one? It's in San Marcos, but I can bring it up here if you are serious.

http://www.dfwmiata.com/showthread.p...-TX&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    What about this one? It's in San Marcos, but I can bring it up here if you are serious.

http://www.dfwmiata.com/showthread.p...-TX&highlight=
    I'm actually down here in San Antonio. I will be up in San Marcos (at a Harris Hill Road event watching) on Saturday and may be able to swing on by to look at it. Does it have the Torsen LSD? What's the VIN?

An NB with all you are wanting and in the condition you want for $4K is a stretch, especially in the Springtime. If its a track car, then things like plastic windows and body damage shouldn't be as big an issue anyway. My 2 cents.
    Good luck, or wait till winter.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

The VIN is JM1NB3539X0100497. It does not have a Torsen. If it did, my selling price would be higher.

The shop where the Miata is stored is about a half mile from HHR as the crow flies. I'll PM you our numbers.
    Last edited by modernbeat; 04-28-2010 at 10:18 PM.