Thread: My Racing Sim Seat

Default My Racing Sim Seat

Just got the racing sim seat from ccage. It is an awsome piece of art! It looks great and play even better. Sorry no pics. My son has my digi cam.

I drop more than 5 seconds in a stock Miata on Laguna Seca trrack right off the bat!

Thanks ccage taking the time to make and deliver to my living room!
    Gabriel

Default Re: My Racing Sim Seat

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    Thanks ccage taking the time to make and deliver to my living room!
    You're totally welcome. We had a great time building it, and it was nice to meet you and your wife in person.

Here are some pics of it in the garage:

For those of you considering building one, we tried a few things differently on this one. We made it two inches narrower and 2.5 inches shorter than the first one (because it didn't make any stability difference and it fits through doors easier). We swapped out the steering "post" for the angled supports based on some comments received from the Playstation forum. We also used 1/2" angle for the pedal brackets (and extended them a bit) which makes it hold better and keeps the brackets low enough to keep them from poking your feet if you play in socks.

The wheel table appears to be off-center (asymetrical) in the photos and this is the case. This one is built for the Driving Force Pro (as opposed to our Driving Force non-pro). The DFPro has the shifter on it, too, so the whole thing has to be shifted a little to the right to put the wheel in the center.

The seat for this one came out of a '95 Altima and adjusts WAY more than our Diamonte seat. We mounted this one forward from our first one expecting a slightly shorter seat. Wrong! It adjusts down smaller than our other one and still can adjust to be way too big for me (6' 1"). I bet that Altima seat adjusts 13" or more. Beats me why. Anyone owned an Altima?

(Note to future "sim seat" builders: For ease of construction, select a seat that sits flat like our Diamonte seat. The Altima seat's four feet are all in different horizontal/vertical planes, which means LOTS of little fabricating to make it fit. Doh! At least it was a really clean seat.)

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Have you gone back and picked up the powered Diamante seat?
    Not yet. It is VERY tempting now that we've got it figured out. It'd make a slick setup.

Chuck