Thread: To what Podcasts do you listen?

Default To what Podcasts do you listen?

I got into Podcasts as a way to entertain me on the way to and from Mineral Wells. Now I listen to them when I run, work outside, and so on. I was trying to find Podcasts of interest and entertainment without getting into politics. Currently I subscribe to...

Adam Carolla Podcast - very funny! A little political at times, but otherwise good stuff, man. Give him a shot.

Autoblog - good, if not always accurate, car commentary and opinion.

Autoline Detroit (Audio) - Great way to keep up with the car industry.

Business Week, Behind This Week's Cover Story - I have always enjoyed Business Week, but I do not have time to read it. I wish Fortune had a Podcast like this.

The Film Vault - Still determining if I like this or not. It is strictly for film buffs.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

"NPR - Car Talk" is my favorite.

Ricky Gervais had one last year and a few this year

+1 for car talk. I also like NPRs weekly new quiz, "Wait wait don't tell me" It usually has several good laughs through the show.

same as Majik...
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

"Wait, Wait" is awesome. "This American Life" with Ira Glass is also an interesting show. Different topic every week - I usually find it entertaining, and I always learn something.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Speaking of more NPR stuff The Story with Dick Gordon is usually on when I am leaving work. A few weeks ago he had Bill Caswell the guy who drove the old BMW to third in the Rally of Mexico. It is a pretty fun listen.

Blog Entries

Everybody seems to go with NPR, me too. Add Prairie Home companion to my list. I trust all you guys are contributers?
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

I don't really listen to podcasts anymore, even though I'm still part of one of the early independents (we started at the first of '05 when most people were "pod what?") and the reason for this is the lack of decent quality independents now. You've still got your strong shows like Keith and the Girls and such, but those are very few. Mostly it's filled with traditional radio segments and traditional hosts doing a heavily produced segmented show, where podcast is just the delivery system. The revolution of podcasting was a two part one; time-shifted content, and the ability for independent producers to deliver content to the masses, cheaply and easily.

The independent content is what got my started, and what I listened to. There were many funny and entertaining podcasts back then and so many people just stopped having time to produce their shows, went on to do something else, or I just stopped listening for whatever reason. I think for the most part ours, has stayed the same in terms of content, but the content runtime has grown to the point that nobody can stand to take it on.

Listen to (currently): none.
    Listened to or would if I bothered to make time: Keith and the Girl, Skepticality, Ricky Gervais, and a few that I don't have a time machine to go back and listen to (as new).

I don't listen to ours. Weird huh?
    Bryan
    1991 Mariner Blue | I Hate Everything

I tried to listen to a few episodes of Armed American, but shortly after downloading them all my music was randomly deleted so I quit....
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

That NPR stuff is pretty good (Prairie Home Companion excepted); I still remember when I could listen to them Saturday mornings. I get the Whad'ya Know podcast too.