Thread: Hi!

Default Hi!

I just wanted to say hi to you all, and ask for a little advice!
    My name is Luke and I'm new to USA, Texas and Miatas after having moved out here from the UK to work for a few years.
    I have a stock 2001 miata which I am really enjoying driving. I'm currently living on the south side of Fort Worth - can anyone recommend a good shop that knows about Miatas and can do 4-wheel aligns etc?

Cheers!

Luke

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome Luke! Another of our members, Majik, lives on that side of town. Maybe he can recommend an alignment shop.

Chassis Designer

The best alignment in Ft Worth is Peterson's on NE 28th, just east of I35W.

I live in SW Ft Worth. I have not found anyone on this side of town who will do anything more than a factory spec alignment. If that's what you want, I have had good luck at Lee Myles Autocare on Bryant Irvin Rd for my OTM.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

Welcome to the forum, LDG. What part of the UK are you from?

I'd second the recommendation of Peterson's Automotive. Great place that will do whatever alignment specs you want. The only downside is that they don't take appointments, so it's best to get there early. Don't be frightened by the appearance of the shop, either - it looks like a real hole in the wall, but they do good work. Here is their contact info and address:

Peterson's Automotive
    4008 NE 28th Street
    Haltom City
    817-831-1101
    Link to Map
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I would have to agree about petersons, I tried another place in irving that was recommended here, but I like petersons better.

:alien:

Too bad Horgy just moved to DC. She is from UK too.

Welcome to the madhouse!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Hey - thanks to all who replied - I didn't expect such an immediate response!
    I'll definately try Petersons as you recommend it. I haven't noticed anything that makes me think I should need the tracking done, but miata.net was recommending it every 15k miles. Do you agree with this?
    Altiain - I'm from a place in the UK called Shropshire - but dont worry, nobody in the UK has even heard of it!
    Hopefully I'll meet up with some of you soon!

Many thanks

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by LDG
    Altiain - I'm from a place in the UK called Shropshire - but dont worry, nobody in the UK has even heard of it!
    You're right - I've never heard of it.

I've got some family on my Mom's side in the Southampton area, and most of Dad's relatives live in Fife, so I was curious.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by LDG
    I'll definitely try Petersons as you recommend it. I haven't noticed anything that makes me think I should need the tracking done, but miata.net was recommending it every 15k miles. Do you agree with this?
    I'm old school, I run by the, if it isn’t broke don't fix it, rule of thumb so I'd have to say I disagree with the every 15k mile get it aligned theory.

Welcome to MME!

Hi LDG!

Welcome to the madness!

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Hi LDG! Welcome to Texas!

Ignore POS Racing's opinion - he is the King of Team Cheap Bastard Many of us are into Autocross and do strange alignment settings.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Welcome LDG to Texas and the joy of owning a Miata.

Chris
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

Welcome to the insanity Any plans or interest in autocrossing?

Welcome Luke.

It's like Texas is the new popular spot for the GB Ex-Patriots, It's like an invasion.

Anyway, I know you Brittish like to drink, as I've got quite a few Brittish transplants in my social circle. You'll have to come join us on Wednesday nights at the NutHouse Bar and Grille for all night happy hour. Maybe you can help me talk one of my Brittish buddies to bring his Mini out to play at the next AutoCross.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.