Thread: Texas Motorplex

Default Texas Motorplex

I was out at Texas Motorplex to work at the autocross for the Super Chevy event on Saturday, and I got to look at the lot that we will use for the SCCA AX on 6/20, which is different than the lot we used for the Super Chevy event. The lot is bigger than Pennington, but smaller than the TMS Bus Lot. The width is 400' (same as PMS), but the length is 700' on one side and 950' on the other, versus just 684' for PMS. TMS is 450' x 1111'. The suface is unsealed asphalt and appears to be in pretty good condition, but there were a lot of cars parked on it when I was looking at it. It is not as smooth as the Bus Lot, but much better than Mineral Wells. I did not see much gravel at all. In short, it looks like a very do-able lot and I am excited to try it.

For those that have been to AX events at Texas Motorplex back in the day, we are not using the same lot. That is the crappy lot we used to the Super Chevy event and it is not fit for an AX, really. That is where we will grid and paddock.

I have attached the lot. Grid and paddock will be on the lot just to the right. I am really looking forward to the event!

Attached Images Attached Images

With that thread title I thought you were wanting to go drag racing. From what I remember I agree with all of your statements. Not a lot of gravel, fairly decent but not tms smooth.

I'm excited to check out the new site! Hopefully the surface will hold up.

Kind of off topic, but Jon mentioned to me at the ER event yesterday that he saw my car on a TV ad for the Super Chevy show! Kinda weird! Check it out:

I wish we could have a "flame throwing jet truck" at every autocross event.

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    I can make that happen. My neighbor's '82 Chevy Big 10 (remember those?) sometimes "flames up." His real name is David, but his real name is Skeeter.

I'm excited to check out the new site! Hopefully the surface will hold up.

Kind of off topic, but Jon mentioned to me at the ER event yesterday that he saw my car on a TV ad for the Super Chevy show! Kinda weird! Check it out:

I sent the advertising firm that does the Motorplex advertising a video from the 2009 Nationals.

You might also notice a orange camaro that belongs to Divisional Steward, "Turbo" Toddy!

I'll see what I can do about the Flame-throwing Jet Truck....but I'm not sure if Piper is going to let us use his pickup for that!

Can anyone guess who won the two classes we had at the Super Chevy Autocross??
    Last edited by autoxmax; 05-25-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Pro - Jerry Heppel
    Novice - Greg Piper
    SpinOutF500

'07 FM F500

You can! just call Les Shockley!
    http://www.shockwavejets.com/
    I have a friend that went over 300mph in the Shockwave!